Argon 18, E117 , Rare Brake issues

Hi , I have Argon 18 , E117 triathlon configuration. I have an issue with the rare brake that keeps on coming back. The Brake handle is moving hard and never comes back to the end of the move. The brake it self also do not move back the entire move … Looks like something is little stuck. I took the cable out and replace it more then once but this keep on coming back - same issue all the time. I wonder if someone has the same case and have some insight about this kind of repeating issue. THANKS

Ive got an E117 and never had a problem but they are just V brake and I’ve had that problem with v brakes in the past its always been something needing cleaned, the pivot or the cables and occasionally the lever. If it the cable and its frayed it’ll need replacing.

1 Like

Make sure the tension is set correctly on each side… try maxing out the side that’s not returning back to position. If that doesn’t work, I would remove from the frame and clean everything like HLaB suggests. My v-brakes are finicky too, but I live with it because I don’t brake much in the TTs I do. I like the bike but next time I’d go for a canyon or something else with normal calipers

1 Like

Thanks for this . . I appreciate , I can say that next time i will take disk brake …

thanks , i will give it a good clean out and see .

1 Like