Anybody have a Wahoo Kickr 2018 that DOES NOT have any issues?

I just sent my 4th kickr core back for the last time and looking for a better replacement. Did the retailer happen to say which had higher stars? I was debating a Neo 2T due to sound but 2 stars doesn’t really sound great either though there was a quarter of the amount of units serviced.

I think new trainers can be hit or miss. On my soon to be 2nd H3 due to knocking sound. To Saris’ credit they are awesome cs wise and taken care of it by sending new trainer and then when I get new one I pack old one up and send back via prepaid label. Erg on H3 is so smooth. Zwift works well but huge flywheel makes it good/bad on roller sections.

I have been thinking about 2T as well but not sure if the motion would be too much coupled with my MP1 which I love.

The Neo 2T has a very small amount of flex. The MP1 also has a very stiff and limited left-right rocking action. The combo should be totally fine and not extreme at all. Would be a good mix, IMO.

Thanks Chad and that I tried a 2T prior to the H3 just not both at the same time. Do really love the MP1.

I don’t own and have not ridden one. I have spoken with a number of Rocker Plate group members (two in particular that have very similar rocker testing backgrounds to me) and they all said the rocking motion is minimal in the range of rockers.

Based on that, and my experience on my Neo 2 as well as my many rockers, I see the MP1 and Neo as a find mix. In fact, with the MP1 becoming the “weak link” in the comparison of lean force to resistance, the MP1 will more well before the Neo even flinches. The Neo will only come into play once the MP1 motion reaches a stiff lean. All but non-existent while seated and only partly evident in standing unless you are really getting into a rocking motion.

Thanks for the background and I don’t see anything breaking on the MP1 or will take a long time. If it does I can see them sending me just that part. It is not adjustable as you know which to me is completely fine and it just works.

Plus as I said earlier I got it 20% off which is still $$ but I am getting my $$ worth and don’t have to mess with building one even though I have all the tools to do so.

More than likely will get a 2T to pair with it.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s an impressive build and one I do want to try. I disagree with some of their decisions, and the pricing is a pain. Great that you got a discount and that makes it more palatable.

Awesome to hear that you are so happy with it. I welcome it and all the new trainer motion solutions we have and will see in the future. :smiley:

Absolutely and price while high is relative to how much use I am getting out of it. Turn key solution is also nice.

1 Like

I think they are just really strict with the star system. I would rely on the percent if anything. They don’t have ratings for other trainers unfortunately, I guess they haven’t sold them enough yet.

1 Like

What percentage of units shipped do you believe are having problems?
How about 3-4%?
Belt tension set too high, is one of the whirring problems.
The knocking noise is a too small woodruff key on the shaft.
Both problems can be done at home.
I heard Wahoo will send you a thicker woodruff key thru support.

Anyone have problems with their kickr not turning on at all? Didn’t use mine for awhile and pulled it out and it won’t turn on at all. Did some searches and couldn’t find anyone else really having this problem.
Submitted a ticket with wahoo but their site said they’re closed until Tuesday.

Any help appreciated!
Patrick

I thought I would ask here for best answer.
How do you ship a trainer? I have a box from a friend but the packaging is missing. Do you guys just use styrofoam?

I just received my kickr core produced in 2020, but is making an annoying noise especially at higher speeds and during spindown.
What do you guys think? I made a YouTube video… (please ignore the chain sound ;))

Had same issue, Wahoo replaced my unit so yea, return it.

1 Like

Belt connection noise.

I just sent my 2nd Kickr Core back for another replacement. The optical sensor stopped working on the first one. This second one developed the dreadful knocking noise. I will give credit to Wahoo for being so responsive when I’ve developed these problems, but having to deal with the periodic training delays while waiting for another trainer to arrive is getting old.

ARRRRGHHH(&^%$%^&(^$!!!

I was so happy that I could look at this thread and say “HA! Not my KICKR 2018”…

Welp, the good/bad news is that after Wahoo reviewed my video of the vibration/rumbling noise they are going to send me a replacement (bought December 2018 - no issues until about a month or so ago). Happy that they are taking care of the issue even after the 1 year warranty has expired.

To whom it may concern, how I fixed my Kickr:

I just had a unit die on me, it’s a 2018 refurb unit serial starts 401829 so I guess this was before they fixed the issue. Still doing the customer service dance with them but hopefully they’ll send me one of the upgrade units…

My 2018 Core stopped sending sensor data last week. Spoke to Wahoo and they have sent me an out of warranty replacement with 120-day warranty for £250 inclusive of shipping

I set up the replacement and have a model that is producing a knocking noise. I have emailed them and will request a pickup of the device and refund and buy a new one from a different brand.

I’m not particularly pleased with wahoo at the moment. I will put my trainer next to the 3 dead tickr HR monitors.