Anybody have a Wahoo Kickr 2018 that DOES NOT have any issues?

Lame sauce! Sorry for you crap luck. :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe they’ll send me a Kickr Bike this time

1 Like

Hold on, it powered up the first time in order to connect and update firmware, correct? Did you watch it finish the update before leaving to change?

Yes, I reset the Bluetooth, and was on the “calibrate” screen. Did I miss something? The switching adapter doesn’t even go green any longer so I figured it was the issue.

IDK and haven’t updated my Kickr 2017 firmware in over a year. But I’ve worked with electronics for eons. IOS or Android?

IOs

I’d unplug the power brick from the wall, and from the Kickr. Give it a minute or two. Then plug back in. That’s electronics 101 troubleshooting step.

So… don’t beat on it with a rubber mallet then? Kidding. IR mechanic. I’ll try it.

Sledgehammer works better

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t3:working now? Hoping it was a confused power brick…

Nope, doesn’t appear so. I’m going to go back out in a minute and see if it’s an indication issue, if the Wahoo app can see it or something. It’s a reach but… already submitted the support ticket to Wahoo. Again…

I vaguely recall some of the power bricks had issues and could die…

My first Core fried its switching adapter. They put a capacitor in them after that fixed it. Can’t imagine they sent me another bad one. Wait. Yes I can.

1 Like

Pretty sure I figured out the problem. When Wahoo originally fixed their power bricks back last year, they switched to a “Wahoo” branded brick. The one I received with the Kickr they just sent… Chinese unbranded.

Un-&%#$ing-believable, Wahoo. These guys are just the worst.

1 Like

did Wahoo support get back to you? Just curious if the power supply is fried, and so frustrating to have that happen after doing the firmware update before first ride.

They’re overnighting me a new power brick. Hopefully here in time and working for Monday’s ramp test. Til then, I’m outside on the New Hotness. Darn. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What, no Smart Bike? We need to work on your negotiating skills :wink:

2 Likes

Seriously. At least a headwind or trainer desk for my trouble.

2 Likes

Well I tried for the desk and only managed to negotiate a mat when the 142mm thru-axle adapter on Kickr 17 didn’t fit my bike. Had to wait a month for Wahoo to machine a new adapter. But the trainer has been solid since then.

1 Like

One of the largest retailers here in Finland actually has maintenance statistics for each product. According to them Kickr has 1/5 stars and over 10 percent of sold devices have gone through maintenance. I’m guessing this includes all versions, so no idea what Kickr 2018 specifically has. For comparison the Tacx neo 2T has 2 stars and 2.74 percent.

My kickr just went back and waiting for a new one. 9 months and then “bad bearings”.

2 Likes