Any Salt Lake City/Utah folk here?

Topic says it all. I’m down south of Moab, and road racing is non-existent here. Would love to meet up with some of you on my travels up to SLC to ride/race.

I’m up in Davis County. When I ride down in SLC it is always to go ride one of the Canyons. Millcreek is probably my favorite of the big 5 canyons in the SLC area.

I’m in Ogden/Weber area about 30min from SLC, but would love to meet up and ride in SLC sometime. There are a few hills and canyons still closed for another month or two due to the snow but there are still some good ones this time of year. I’d be happy to go for a ride sometime though, whether Salt Lake, Park City, Ogden, Morgan, etc… If you need any recommendations around those areas, let me know

I live out in Syracuse so anytime I want to climb the Ogden/Weber area is the closest thing for me. I love some of the rides out there.

I had originally been planning my 3/24 ride to go up and over Big Mountain and scout out the climbs on the East Canyon RR, but was informed that it is still under 3 feet of snow. My new thought is to go down to Goshen and do a ride that scouts out the loop of the Goshen circuit, and then an out and back to Eureka to get a good climb in.

When I drive through there I always think they would be fun. As it is though, Salt Lake is a 4.5 hour drive for me so it is on the far end of what I want to do for a ride.

Would Little Cottonwood Canyon be safe/rideable in 3 weeks?

You can ride it right now if you don’t mind dealing with traffic and snow piled up on the side of the road.

As far as Mountain passes this year I have ridden Emi and North Ogden Divide. I know some people that have done Little and Big Cottonwood Canyons, Trappers and Powder as well.

I figure this is as good a place as any to ask, what’s the racing scene out in Utah like?

Family is considering a move and Utah is one of the places on our list.

My first race is in 3 weeks, so I am unsure what the scene is like up in the SLC area. Down here in the Moab area, if you don’t do MTB you won’t find any races without driving a couple of hours.

They have a bunch of cool races in Utah. They have the Ultimate challenge, Crusher in the Tushar and The Belgium Waffle Ride. Those are all really cool and unique. I know they have a weekly crit series and other crit events throughout the year. I don’t know how it compares to other places though.

1 Like