Any recommendations for shoe-like spin shoes with spd cleat holes

I am looking for cycling shoes to travel with to use on a spin bike at a gym or on a hotel bike

Desired qualities:

Lightweight
look like shoes
two holes cleat system (spd pedal system)
wide forefoot
under $100 USD or $120 CDN

I always use Shimano MTB shoes. I have bad knees that dislocate easily if i slip so I avoid cleats/ road shoes. MTB shoes are great as ive even used them at work or to the pub.

1 Like

I swear by Sidi due to wide feet and foot pain issues.

The SD15 checks all the boxes except for price. $169 USD at Competitive Cyclist.

It’s a bit aggressive looking, more like a hiking shoe than a cross trainer, but your requirement for “wide forefoot” screams Sidi.

2 Likes

Those shoes look great but are “too nice” for my needs. The Giro Rumble VR on CC might fit the bill though.

Thanks

Maybe something like the Five Ten District? Looks kind of like an Adidas Samba but with a 2-hole cutout. https://www.adidasoutdoor.com/five-ten-district-clips-men's-mountain-bike-shoe/BTM22.html?dwvar_BTM22_color=Black&cgid=fiveten-men-bike-shoes#prefn1=activity&prefv1=11&start=6

1 Like

Nice option, thanks.

1 Like

If you like that, the Specialized 2FO Cliplite, Bontrager SSR, Bontrager Rally are a few options. Shimano and Giro offer a variety of skate style shoes and other lace ups too.

2 Likes

Thanks. Good options.

1 Like

I am looking for something similar. I will let you know as soon as I find something.

1 Like

Hello there! I am still learning about cycling so, please, don’t judge me harshly, if I got you wrong or something. But IMHO curry 8 seem like a decent pair of shoes. They appear to be light and breathable. Moreover, they also do not squeak and have a no-slip grip. I have a similar pair of shoes that I use for my bike riding. So far they have been absolutely great. I like running in them too sometimes, because they seem to have good cushioning and also have a good fit. Let me know what you think.