Any metal heads here? 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘

ahahahah, you dont.

certain songs are more rythmic than others (believe it or not) especially in the Miss Machine album
Edit) damn it, i just re-started listening to the album and its soooooo good.
i know what im listening to on my run tonight

1 Like

Anyone else here put together playlist based on BPM to match target RPM for their workouts?

I did one for Sweet Spot during base, all songs with 70-90 BPM (effectively, cut or double time where applicable). Putting together another one with 85-105 for my build phase workouts.

I used an screen-tap BPM app meant for taking pulse to find the BPM for the songs

1 Like

went to a rabbit hole here…
I want to share my recent discovery of something called “BABYMETAL”!

WTF!

this is the the realization that you can put metal music on any lyric and will automatically make it MUCH better…

:man_shrugging:

anyway…
I dont listen to music during my wo…i watch tv… so nothing else, just wanted to share this with other metalheads…

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to a (local) band Witchskull a bit lately

1 Like

Does hardcore count? :smiley:

1 Like

You don’t hear people mention Thou very often. I live in the New Orleans area so I’ve had the luxury of seeing them live quite a few times. My old band opened for them back in ‘09ish.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Thou is actually really big in my little circle of friends, pretty much ever since their album with Full of Hell. Obviously they’ve been around before that, but I that seems like when they got really popular.

1 Like

Geil. Enjoy!

this thread needs “devil horns” instead of “thumbs up” for liking a post

:metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

we need to edit the title lol

1 Like

Tool = 20 minute FTP test protocol. Just saying… :grin:

5 Likes

I’m jamming a lot to Hatebreed lately. FOr all the violence of their music, the lyrics are impressively constructive. Like take personal responsibility to fix your life type stuff. I think it’s ideal for Ramp test or a miserable climb.

My Race Pace playlist has had Iron Maiden, Ministry, Slayer and System of a Down. Only problem is, I lazily put full albums in and none of the one-offs from other bands were getting any circulation. A little culling and I’ve got my childhood favorites sprinkled in with the current stuff.

3 Likes

:metal:

What about some Throwdown ?
And Please try some Sworn Enemy

1 Like

I don’t know how I missed this thread until now. I freaking love metal! Mostly melodic death, with some black and folk in there. I listen to tons of metal. On the bike, off, with my kids, whatever. :rofl:

+1 on everyone who said Amorphis, Amon Amarth, Insomnium, Children of Bodom, Wolfheart, Mors Principum Est, Soilwork, Sabaton, etc. Love me some melodic death metal. Add to that list: Kalmah, In Mourning, In Vain (last two albums are really good), Noumena, Dark Tranquility, Arch Enemy, Norther, Chthonic…plus so many more.

Recently been listening to some Vorna, Kaunis Kuolematon, and Hinayana. To me they are a bit different from the other bands I listed. More aggressive vocals, but also very melodic. A little atmospheric, maybe? Really digging them.

For other heavy music (maybe not always for the trainer), I like Be’lakor, Descend (specifically their new album), Wilderun (if you’ve never listened you must…they got album of the year in 2019 from Angry Metal Guy and I think it’s well deserved), Hath, Decembre Noir, Harakiri for the Sky, Ne Obliviscaris, and Diablo Swing Orchestra (for something completely different, but still metal).

@JSChief I like some black metal, but mostly melodic and/or atmospheric. Let me know what you think of Saor, Marrasmieli, and Shylmagoghnar. Give me some recommendations!

1 Like

Hoping @Nate_Pearson will post up the demos from his early 00’s nu metal band in this thread.

5 Likes

Not metal, but how do we feel about Gulch? I kind of dig.

6 Likes

anything Accept

1 Like

Meshuggah-Bleed, on repeat :metal::metal:
Slipknot
Death Angel
Pantera
Bokassa
Pallbearer

Unhealthy Metallica fan here but oddly don’t really listen to their music too much during rides.

5 Likes

Saor and Marrasmieli are two of my favorite bands! I’m a huge fan of melodic black metal. If you like them check out these bands as well: Old Growth, Wayfarer, Mare Cognitum, Auon, Burial Oath, The Spirit, Uada, Valgrin, Dark Fortress, Thulcandra, Wormwood, Hoth, Death Fortress, Hyperion, Wode, Sinira, Cloak, Tribulation, Gaerea, Havukruunu, Kampfar, Winterfyleth, Malist, Vukari, Arkona, 1914, Sinmara, Aethyrick, Blaze of Perdition, Skogen, The Ruins of Beverast, Asgrauw, Vaki, Skaldr, …
Start with these and if you find like of any of them, I’ve got plenty more to recommend :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes