Any good audio books? Biographies/ cycling adventures?

Great audio book, Obsessive compulsive cycling disorder by Dave Barter. Fantastic book, seriously funny well worth a listen.

1 Like

I have enjoyed reading Tim Mooreā€™s books. They are quite humorous as they follow a non-cyclistā€™s attempts to do some rather strenuous rides like TdF.

In terms of non-books, I really like The Cycling podcast with Lionel Birnie, Richard Moore and Daniel Friebe with a weekly look and chat at all sorts of racing, and they do other spin offs too.

1 Like

I like audio books about adventures. I get the books from Audible and download them with my premium account. I use the Audio Recorder Mac from AudFree to save them for offline listening. So convenint. I can get them on my other apps.

1 Like

The Rider is on Audible. Just put it on my list.

I know that OP was looking for cycling booksā€¦ if you want a different genre / style, Iā€™ve listened to the subtle art of not giving a F**K and iā€™m currently listening to Barack Obamaā€™s autobiography.

Also - would highly recommend listening to your audio books at 1.5x speed!

I was going to give the Subtle Art of not giving a F@k a listen, but Iā€™ve been put off by the terrible reviews! I have just finished listening to Manā€™s Search For Meaningby Viktor Frankl. I hesitate to recommend it, as it goes into some detail about his time in a Nazi concentration camp and although it is ultimately uplifting, it might not be easily received by some.

1 Like

I enjoyed the Subtle Art, it wasnā€™t anything terribly new, but good nonetheless. I have just raided my parents book collection and claimed the Viktor Frankl - Iā€™ve read positive reviews.

1 Like

Free country by George Mahood is a really good cycling based book

1 Like

Iā€™ll give it a try. I can always return it in audible and get the credit back!

1 Like

Moods of Future Joys and Thunder and Sunshine by Alastair Humphreys

Unbelievable story and entertaining read.

Iron War by Matt Fitzgerald

2 Likes

I really enjoyed Free Country, thanks @Simo429

Couldnā€™t find these on audible, annoyingly!