Alternate Build or Specialty, Work : Recovery Week Layout

While that is one strategy, I think it would not be the best because: 1) It would require I keep the high demand workouts in the high work/life demand week and then rate them as too high. That means the toll of fatigue, loss of energy/mental acuity for the work demands with consequences. It puts me in a hole physically, mentally headed into the domain of life that I would otherwise prioritize (job over my training plan). 2) It also would then reduce the intensity on the following week when I could have more readily absorbed the intensity in that week. Work demands fall naturally to a 2:1 ratio on every 3rd week. For these reasons, I figured a different strategy more similar to the adaptation of standard training plans to “masters plans” would be advisable. It may well be that there is not an achievable adaptation of PB w/ AT. Perhaps PB w AT is not for me and I could select a strategy more for my situational reality - family life, work, cycling, etc. I appreciate the wisdom and thoughts.

I appreciate and validate that life and job impacts how much I can absorb and requires some adjustment.

1 Like