Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update

That doesn’t sound like intended behaviour - I would raise it with support.

I did a Stretch VO2 workout yesterday, rated it as Hard, and nothing went down. I still have a Productive VO2 workout in the schedule tomorrow (which was rated Stretch before I completed the one yesterday).

1 Like

Muck around with where your ant+ adapter is placed, makes a huge difference, I wrote an article here which I was personally amazed at the difference!

Debunking ANT+ Myths and Experimenting with USB Stick Placement - Zwift Insider

1 Like

Thanks! That’s a really good article. Do you have any tips for Bluetooth dropouts on an iPad (newest generation iPad Air)? I run TR in my iPad often simultaneously with Zwift on. Mac or PC.

I don’t use Bluetooth much I’m afraid, I think it is more susceptible to interference than ant+ IMHO. Could it be that other devices are picking up/connecting over Bluetooth and hence the trainer is dropping one connection??

Thanks. I do not think my Rally XCs are paired to anything else via BLE. I do not think the Neo used to drop hs much but I have had BLE issues in the past with TR. Right now I think it’s the fact I’m in a hotel room with WiFi and devices everywhere and likely interference. I am still collecting files and overlaying them to see if I can narrow down the device. It seems like my Ant+ to my Garmin is good. Ant+ to my Mac is just as you described but tolerable. My Bluetooth to TrainerRoad has dropouts.

Quoting myself in another AT thread. For those seeing weird PL behavior:

From your Account, you can check your Adaptation History to make confirm, but the change in those workouts should be instantaneous on the web version of your calendar at the very least.

3 Likes

Are you referring to this in the ‘Known Issues’ section of the Adaptive Training thread?

That particular one has been resolved, so if you’re still experiencing it, I’d check in with support@trainerroad.com to make sure something isn’t amiss.

This was on the team’s radar but not sure where we are currently. If there’s new information I’ll definitely provide an update!

EDIT: When you say completed a ‘Stretch’ workout, do you mean changed the workout assigned to a more or less difficult one? I may need you to get in touch with support for this so they can look into your calendar, what was assigned, completed, and how it effected the logic. Sorry for the trouble!

1 Like

Thanks Ivy! I don’t have the same options you do. Other than the “Enable Adaptive Training” toggle, my page is blank. I did accept some adaptations last week, so i should have some history…

1 Like

Notes from Nate, largely about outside workouts:

4 Likes

Thanks for cross-referencing Nate’s post in this thread @mcneese.chad

2 Likes

Has anyone had a problem with adaptations changing Outdoor workouts but not the Indoor version?

Ive reported a weird situation where Gibraltar -2 was down graded to Baxter, but when I decided to do it as an Indoor ride it changed back to Gibraltar -2.

7 Likes

Hey Ivy, sorry for the confusion - I just meant that if you moved a future workout in the calendar, it breaks the link with Plan Builder you will no longer see adaptations happen to that future workout. I know it was an issue, but I thought I saw something that it might be fixed and I didn’t want to give duff information…

I didn’t word my example very well - basically drag and dropping plan builder workouts means it’s treated like any other off-plan workout you would schedule and doesn’t get adapted.

1 Like

Same here, I don’t have the adaptation history. Sounds like Ivy’s a step ahead of us!

1 Like

Question for @IvyAudrain and team, does AT have a built in “hold” on adaptations when a Ramp Test is scheduled?

I’m in a rest week and would expect my workouts for next week to all adapt upwards. They haven’t yet, though I’m assuming they will when I get close/do Monday’s workout.

Good question, nope! You’ll be served adaptations every time you miss or complete a workout, and while AT does have foresight into the work that’s ahead and will adjust accordingly, it wont wait for a Ramp Test if it knows you’re falling short or knocking workouts out of the park leading up to that Ramp Test. AT WAITS FOR NO ONE. :rofl:
That said, if your chill/rest week consists of more moderate/endurance workouts, as long as you’re completing them and serving accurate survey responses: likely no adaptations. Keep it up!

3 Likes

I think this is an example of the problem of not having a centrally located thread from the staff to keep us updated. We are expected to go through several active thread just to try and get information.

Sure, when it is slow at work, I browse. But when I am busy, I don’t. And I don’t browse outside of work. So even when I do browse I don’t catch up on everything since there are about 50 fresh posts per thread per day.

3 Likes

There seems to be a slight disconnect between the TR app on my main tablet that I do my workouts on, and my TR account/the app on my phone. Both are Beta and AT, but the last few workouts when I’ve submitted my survey response on the tablet it hasn’t saved properly and I have to redo it (says missing response) on my phone.

2 Likes

There is a known to TR issue with saving survey responses that TR is trying to figure out.

For me, what I have to do is after filling out the survey quit the TR app, and then relaunch it. Once I relaunch the TR app, the survey response shows up basically immediately looking at the TR site in a web browser. This process is 100% repeatable for me, and not quitting and relaunching the TR app would mean I would need to leave the TR app open for 15+ minutes to get the survey response to sync - the 15 minutes is the low for me

1 Like