Adaptive Training Closed Beta Update

I’d have added another column for descriptive, but there wasn’t enough space after my copy&paste and 1-minute of editing.

1 Like

I would think the “fatigue” option is most appropriate. It doesn’t really matter where the fatigue comes from, especially if it’s a constant, as what it’s suggesting is you probably need slightly easier workouts to be able to achieve your best effort whilst managing your fatigue level.

1 Like

OK, in the spirit of silliness…

1. EASY: Coach Chad is seriously a GREAT guy :crown: !

2. MODERATE: Coach Chad is pretty cool & I want to buy him a micro-brew :beer: .

3. HARD: Coach Chad is kinda mean. But he’s doing it to make me faster, so it’s OK :+1: .

4. VERY HARD: Coach Chad is not nice! What does he have against me??? :hot_face:

5. ALL OUT: Coach Chad is pure EVIL!!! :smiling_imp: Somebody, get me help… right NOW!!! :face_vomiting: I want a refund, TrainerRoad! :moneybag:

27 Likes

Seriously more post like this, collecting into a single graphic, would go a long way to help athletes not overthink it!!!

1 Like

More silliness:

1. Easy: So easy Nate can do it.

2. Moderate: Jonathan’s hair is still intact.

3. Hard: Has Amber stopped smiling?

4. Very Hard: Chad’s broken sweat.

5. All Out: Get Thor in here!

6 Likes

We could pull some prime snaps from some of the group ramp tests

Taken at different stages along the way (1-smiles up to terrible dead face for 5), for each rating as another reference :stuck_out_tongue:

PS, Jon seems to have a hat on for all of them, so the hair is fully covered, unfortunately :wink:

1 - Easy… … / 2 - Moderate / 3 - Hard… / 4 - Very Hard / 5 - All Out
image / image / image / image / image

54 Likes

5 is Nate’s broken chain in the sprint video, or collapsing on the ground after finishing 2nd or 3rd in the foothills race video!

2 Likes

Sounds like they could be out-of-plan workouts from moving things around in the calendar before updating Plan Builder.

These are all workouts in the Polarised Plans so not added via Plan Builder, I just added the plans to the calendar in the normal way. As such I’m not expecting AT to be swapping out workouts but I’m working through the plans seeing what gets suggested in terms of levels.

I’ve done three full Base-Build-Speciality cycles without break (partly because of lockdowns) and was starting to get a bit burnt out so when the Polarised Plans came along I decided to give them a go. I’ll head back to the main plans when I’ve completed these - I’ve a full year waiting in Plan Builder to be added to the calendar, I just have to decide when to start it as I’ve a few big events that are likely to happen this summer with the UK coming out of all the lockdown regulations.

So you can plan and track weekly TSS in TR, add your comments, track your seasons, etc. TR’s calendar is a huge part of my planning and training.

1 Like

I get your point, but when I look at this example, it doesn’t work for me in the idea of having multiple choices.
1 - I would never use. Nothing at all means I didn’t ride
2-4 are all the same thing
5 is it’s own
6 and 7 are the same thing
8 is it’s own
9-10 are the same (or maybe 8 and 9 are the same?)

That only leaves 6 for me, so might as well go to 5.

1 Like

Honestly, that 1-5 of Nate is Perfect! If you popped that up after a ride and asked me to pick one, I could nail the 1-5 system.

11 Likes

We all have different ways that we learn and understand best. With that in mind, I think addressing issues like this with multiple approaches is wise. Using a combination of some text, some pics, and even silly emojis may help cover the different ways that people learn.

4 Likes

Is there a specific reason why a successfully completed workout (that was labeled breakthrough), won’t result in a progression-level update on my career landing screen?

What rating did you assign in the ride survey?

Hopefully soon as I am kicking ass (sarcasm)! :laughing:

(I am doing my coaches workouts).

1 Like

Moderate. It was a custom workout. Threshold 5.8. Completed but no bump in PL. Previous custom workouts have resulted in immediate PL updates, regardless of the survey response… So, not sure about this one.

May be best to report to support@trainerroad.com

1 Like

Cool, on it. Thank you Chad.

1 Like

I can’t dive into AT as it stands, lacking the ability to incorporate outdoor rides with wahoo bolt, especially group rides. With the return of big group rides and racing, it’s essential to factor these efforts into the plan. Xert has some odd workout suggestions (a little fancy for my taste) but I do like XSS tracking and MPA. I’ve been using Xert’s workout creator then exporting as a .Erg file into TR Workout creator. I made a 20 min interval to 0% MPA reserve +2 mins extra instead of a ramp test this week to keep my fitness signature updated. As you can see, progression level updated.

Another example of moving a Xert workout to TR with PL:

1 Like