2022 Scott Spark

This seems to be one of the first reviews that was not part of the Scott Spark introduction day. Dunno how objective this channel is, but at least it’s something. So far so good! He also has a vid up with a tech walkthrough of the bike.

Hope to see some more critical reviews in the coming weeks.

2 Likes

ah man… I shouldn’t have watched that… now I REALLY want it

2 Likes

There’s also this: https://enduro-mtb.com/en/new-scott-spark-900-tuned-axs-2022-review/

Not as positive as I hoped for! Particularly the tall seat post limiting dropper post.

1 Like

I’ve never seen his reviews before, but that was interesting. He covered the points I was interested in (pedaling dynamic etc).

I agree with above, didn’t make me want it less that’s for sure :rofl:.

I won’t be getting one, but it’s lovely to dream.

2 Likes

Mainly criticism on the 900. The seat tube height is no issue for xc racing as no one will run a huge dropper for xc anyway. Same for the tires and other spec not up for hard trail riding…
So yes the 900 is a step up from the RC, but maybe not the right bike if you are looking for a maxed out trail bike. Anyway so many choices out there, but the rc ticks Al lot of boxes for me

1 Like

Yeah I would probably take a review for an XC bike from a website called “enduro-mtb” with a grain of salt.

1 Like

For sure!
I was hoping this bike could be the perfect quiver killer if you bought an extra fork.

• 130mm fork for party.
  • 120mm fork and flip the reach headset for business.

Getting the seat properly out of the way is a big deal for spirited trail riding though, so maybe the Spur is the better choice

I only skimmed it (as I am not enduro focused) but what did they say the limit for the dropper was? I know they noted the seat tube being tall, but i find it surprising he couldn’t get the seat far enough away unless he has short legs.

Unless he wants something like a 210mm enduro dropper.

That Spur isn’t really a quiver killer either though is it? Sacrificing some XC chops for extra shredlyness (opinion formed from YT/online review, open to change)

Yes, that was not clear to me either. If it fits a 150mm dropper in size medium, that’s good enough for me. You’re right the Spur isn’t the perfect bike either. I was hoping this one could be.
Hoping my next bike would be the perfect XC Marathon slayer that would also do well in XC with minimal modifications.

1 Like

The thing that got me was “no I’m not surprised, the prior bike was dialled, and the is equal to that…”

Equal? Oh good, I’ll keep my 2018. :smiley:

Seriously though, looks awesome I really want some 35mm SIDS on mine but they seem forever unavailable,

1 Like

Has anyone heard about availability of new Sparks in the US? My LBS is telling me to be patient. I am not patient…

July 28th is what my LBS told me.

1 Like

Really? That’s quick. Do you know if that’s the bikes that will be sold to customers, or de demo model?

Read somewhere that Scott is sending demo models first to give potential customers the ability to test ride. Actual sellable models would arrive later in Q4 this year. Not sure if that’s just old news and things have been adjusted though.

Edit: starting to think I may have missed the sarcasm :sweat_smile:

Looks like he rode an XL which had a 150mm dropper.

I meant that’s when they are supposedly available to pre-order

LOVES SCOTT BIKES shared a post on Instagram: "🧐🧐🧐 2022 SPARK - X-RAY @ebikepro 
・・・
Wir sind es gefahren 🥰 das brandneue #SCOTTspark und wollen nur noch das… #fastisfun …in kürze in unserem BikeSTORE #ebikepro #badneustadt PS. Wir können auch ohne...

Probably already seen by most. But a cool look at the internals.

Also, speaking to the seat height when dropped. 150mm seems plenty for the target riding of this bike? As someone said above, it’s no enduro rig.

2 Likes

Really? Take my money? You realize that we’re talking about a $10k+ race bike right? I appreciate bike-tech as much as the next rider but for someone to blindly sign up for a purchase of this size even before a test ride is i.n.s.a.n.e

1 Like

Good perspective!

I’ve been racing xc for years and never encountered a situation where I needed to “protect” my rear shock.

Seems like a solution searching for a problem.

That said, I’m sure they will sell a ton, if the response in this thread is my indication.

There’s a “gotta have it” sucker borne every minute it seems.

1 Like

I’m not sure that being excited about a new bike that’s providing something different makes someone a sucker.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and it’s a good thing for people to have different interests. Just look at the people excited about the new Blur. People were really excited about what Santa Cruz would do, and whether they’d bring back an old bike or whatever. It’s nice, but doesn’t move the needle (IMHO), that doesn’t mean someone who likes it is a sucker.

Each to their own.

9 Likes