2022 Ironman World Championship Race - St. George Thread

Yeah Okay, I’m British but wow, I didn’t expect Kat to be up there at this stage, even though she was hyped in the build up. I thought it was a false dawn.

1 Like

Gosh this coverage is terrible.

How about some splits? Some pace metrics?

Nope, let’s talk about some random perceived head oscillation.

1 Like

Yeah.

Haug looks fantastic though - worryingly fantastic. What is she 15mins back from Ryf? Seems insurmountable…seems…

1 Like

Exactly and so terrible. At least have a ticker that scrolls with top 5 or 10 and the gap and mile they are at. Oh wait that requires it to be fun to watch.

1 Like

Very interesting, a stand alone run can vary a lot in the time it takes, but after a swim and bike, anything can happen, that is why I love Tri

1 Like

Yeah you can read too much intro the trackers but it’s looking good or on track for Blu and Sanders imo. Smith stopped to pull his sock off so the pace doesn’t say everything but he’s definitely slowed up.

Yea, but when I watch the Giro or Tour or an NBA game I dont need to log into a phone app to see what the score is or how far ahead the break is.

I haven’t even seen a shot of the Olympic tri champ in over half an hour…and he’s running down the front group. Wtf

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not defending anyone - just trying to help out.

1 Like

1 Like

Cool, thanks

1 Like

That hill is making my legs burn. lol

And Blu into 2nd place :smiley: Looking great.

Norwegian hype train might be down an engine but still strong

1 Like

Currie knows he can’t fend off KB now. Can Lionel run into second?

Also… Daniela….just wow

1 Like

Sanders just moved up to third.

I see it finishing

Blu
Sanders
Currie

1 Like

Sanders might just do it - the maths is close…

1 Like

He will be 3rd I think

Lionel may just turn on the biological damage mode and chew braden currien on last mile lol

2 Likes

Its a shame that Ryf is like 500minuted ahead and they only film her instead of filming LIonels chase for 2nd…