2021 Race Season (USA)

As the 2021 road races season starts to take off this year I’m wondering how far some of you guys are willing to travel to race? There is a race this weekend I’d really like to go to but it is around a 8 hour drive. Basically just curious to see if there are any other race deprived junkies out there

I’m going to be traveling 8hrs for an omnium weekend soon. I don’t think a 45min Crit would be enough to tempt me, but 3 or 4 will lol.

1 Like

Just back to normal for me which means 6 hour drives to SoCal. All registered, hotels, cars, plane tickets booked for Tulsa Tough which is 1000 miles the other direction. Will do at least one more event that will probably necessitate air travel…

1 Like

I had originally planned to travel to Arkansas, Wisconsin, Utah, Colorado, and Montana this year to race MTB from SoCal. But my fitness was low from last year (just pleasure miles, no intervals and why I signed up for TR), and then a car accident set my fitness back more. Then I start finding a lack of information from one of these races, and no response from the race organizer (no social media since 2019 and the page is outdated). So I pulled the plug on this season and decided to just stay local for races, but I will still do some travel for fun riding.

And I hear from a friend that a couple other races I had planned were canceled, so I am glad I canceled my race season.

1 Like