I’m wondering how other’s progress after training with TR for a year. I started TR back in January this year. A bit of background, I’m 50 yo and was new to structured training when I started. I’m loving TR more and more. I started paying monthly and decided to switch to the annual membership back in the Summer.
So this is my FTP progress. Initially I had good progress until I had a crash and had quite an interesting ramp test results today.
- 01/21 - 164 (SSB1 MV)
- 05/05 - 181 (GB MV)
- 08/18 - 191 (Multiple SSB1 LV and outside riding)
- 10/28 - Bike Crash (Broke collarbone)
- 12/07 - 178 (Start of SSB1 MV)
- 12/29 - 174 (End of SSB1 MV)
What’s really surprising to me, after completing SSB1 MV, my FTP actually went down. This is unlike the first time I completed SSB1, back in February.
- Wondering if it’s considered to be normal for our FTP to go down after successfully completing SSB, and I should just stay on course with SSB2 and then GB?
- Or, maybe I should increase my training volume to SSB2 HV, since my TSS was constantly higher during the summer (around 600-700 in the summer, compared to around 450 of SSB MV1).
Thanks for your input. TR is the best.