Zwift's New Hardware Division (Nov '19) / "Pauses" & Layoffs (May '22)

Zwift stated that Yumezi was to be big like Watopia, but they’ve given us two tiny maps (i.e., Markuri and Neokyo). And instead of a long awaited Fuji’esque climb we get more ridiculous short routes in the same tiny map. Each month when the update hits, I hope for a major Yumezi expansion (Mt Fuji) but so far no dice.

edit: this thread has gone off on a tangent :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

RGT has Training peaks integration

1 Like

I’m not so sure your post is a tangent. I think it is very much linked with Zwift abandoning its hardware ambitions. Zwift lost focus, became too insular (stopped listening to its users, hardware partners, etc.), and lost its way.

1 Like

THIS!!!

1 Like

More on the tangents idea… here is ZwiftInsider with the latest issue of 10 wish list items:

1. 4th Challenge
  2. Level 51+
  3. Group Ride Ons in Events
  4. Remove Clubs Signup Limits
  5. More Missions
  6. Saved Logins/Pairings
  7. Show Routes for Events
  8. Annual Plan [Payment Discount]
  9. Power Curve Improvements/Fixes
  10. Clean Up My Garage

Pretty solid list that hits some good ones for my taste.

4 Likes

I really really really don’t understand why they haven’t done a 4th challenge. The space is there waiting. All it does is track mileage. Copy/paste code. It feels like something you could easily do in a day with the majority of the work being the map of whatever place it is.

3 Likes

Yeah, that seems like a minimal effort for reasonable gain of at least something new.

3 Likes

Hmmmm. Im not clear on what it offers. Do you need to be a TP coach or can an ordinary TP user with a TPs plan use it? Its not clear to me as it only mentions TP coaches.

I quite Zwifting 2 years ago and still cannot believe there’s not a 4th challenge.

4 Likes

Anyone with a TrainingPeaks account can use the integration. Here is RGT pulling in my next few workouts that I have scheduled in TrainingPeaks:

2 Likes

Excellent thanks :+1::+1::+1:

Yup, near total lack of any meaningful progress in the last couple of years. They got lazy and rode the CV-19 wave for all it was worth.

Some new roads (minimal), the menu upgrade (still missing from Apple TV) and clubs finally rolled out and such are underwhelming to many (including me). It’s been a snoozefest for many of us old timers.

8 Likes

Can you do this without subscribing to the FULL Wahoo X system?

I honestly don’t see how the new menu is an upgrade in any way. It’s exactly the same, just with a different (smaller) look. It amazes me that they spent like a year on that and I see zero benefit. Maybe it’s just the way I use Zwift, but I feel like all they did was make me learn new ways to do the same old things I already knew how to do before.

They argue that Pace Partners is an upgrade, and I guess it is, but I found it incredibly annoying that after I maxed out the available points increase (double), it goes back to 1x and you have to do it all again.

3 Likes

RGT is part of Wahoo X now. It’s all one price. They still have System (Sufferfest) on one side and RGT on the other, but it’s all one price.

I’ve only used it a few times since I now primarily use AppleTV for Zwifting, but my limited usage left me thinking it was actually worse…but then again, it could simply be because it was “new” and I had not adapted yet.

but it certainly wasn’t a revolutionary improvement by any stretch.

2 Likes

I am no GUI designer. Maybe it is more logical and better for users with fresh eyes, but it just forced me to relearn how to do something that was already there. Not any advantage that jumps out at me in that sense. If it helps onboard new users, I guess it’s beneficial?

As we hit on before, I love the Pace Partners. That is the one thing that I can point to in the last years that I actually use and value. It’s a fantastic option, even though I know it’s not for everyone. It actually filled a need that I know others appreciate like I do. On demand group whenever you want with reliable pacing each and every time. None of the usual BS baggage that comes with some live action lead group rides (not to mention the need to schedule tighter and such).

3 Likes

Yup:

Wahoo System (Sufferfest and the old Wahoo stuff like yoga, strength, mind) + Wahoo RGT = Wahoo X (the full packaging of all those features).

2 Likes

How long until they run out of all their VC money, and pull a Strava - raise their prices, and say now, they really, really, care about their users and will listen to them. (Yes, it’s different since Strava had more free stuff to make paid, but Zwift could move many popular features to ‘Zwift Premium’ and it would be very similar.)

1 Like

The menu system certainly needed a make-over. I just don’t think the new layout is a huge improvement (if any) on the old one. But won’t complain too much, because else they will just spent a year changing it again :joy:

1 Like