Zwift Haute Route event issues

I rode all three events at 5 am EDT and had no problems. I recently switched to the Apple TV app so I connected via bluetooth. At one point this morning (Sunday) the companion app showed 32,399 concurrent users on the platform. Saturday, there were 4500 riders and today there were 3400 riders in my “E” events.

In the past I’ve used a laptop or an Ipad to connect. With the laptop and an ANT+ dongle, I would lose the signal many mornings at 5:20-ish and determined that someone (wife) using the microwave oven in the kitchen above me caused interference with the ANT+ signal to the laptop. (using a 4iiii PM) The signal would reconnect when microwave use stopped.

In addition, I have searched the issue of when all other riders disappear on the site and come back after a short period, and it appears to be a loss of wifi connection at point of use.

If you start a ride and don’t see any other riders, they will never appear during your ride and your ride will not get recorded. In that case, log out and then log back in again until you see other riders.

2 Likes

I use zwift with a ATV and had an issue with freezing yesterday. The pretzel went well today. Anyone else do the 9pm ET ride today?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Full results aren’t in yet, but it looks like there will be total results for all 3 stages.

3 Likes

Did all three rides on the whim after a ‘high-ish’ volume week through Thursday… a few days I ran and biked on the same day. And then Thursday night I did jumped into a crit organized by a local promoter.

Both Friday and Saturday had nearly 8k riders and had no issues. Had a few drinks Friday and Saturday night which caught up to me Sunday morning. Had planned to ride the 8 am event but slept in. I got on the 1pm ride which had 1400 riders and felt the fatigue and booze take its toll around mile 1.5hrs into the ride. Finished the event without any issues up until I crossed the finish and went to save the event.

The app crashed but I immediately logged back in and it let me save the ride. Didn’t show as having completed the Stage 3 event so I had to reach out to support.

Results are listed on both friends Zwift feeds as well as ZwiftPower.

All in all, really likes the stage race type events. This was brutal but good times.

1 Like

Zwift normally keeps a local copy of the fit file on your computer, my rides are found here:

C:\Users<Username>\Documents\Zwift\Activities

Sometimes when it crashes the fit file is reported as malformed, but there are tools out there on the web that fix fit files. YOuc an even edit them in Notepad…On the occasions, recently I must say, when my Surface has suddenly turned off because somebody forgotten to plug in the power cable, I’ve managed to retrieve my rides from the above location.

Fingers crossed for you!

2 Likes

I second that. I did Baxter+2 for Stage 1 and 2 and Disaster-1 for Stage 3. I had no real issues with connecting but it was very jumpy on Stage 2 and so i decided to join the 5 minutes later group for Stage 3.

1 Like

Thanks for this link I’d been searching for it! I guess S3 will get updated later today.

All 3 stages ran super smooth for me, no glitches at all. Biggest week of training too, blitzing power PBs and upping FTP along with it.

Currently sat in 140th. Chuffed with that! S3 was good for me too, think I was 115th on my event time and looked a solid time of 1h 55m.

Brilliant event though, my riding group all loved it.

2 Likes

I only did Stage 3 yesterday at noon using an Apple TV 4th gen with no issues. To me it looked like Zwift must have scaled back the number of riders shown on screen as I hovered mid pack at the start and I could easily see the front of the group until thing a got strung out on the first climb. I’m guessing I was only seeing the closest 500 or so riders.

1 Like

The group dynamics were ruined because you couldn’t draft off of the folks that left in the “E” group and you couldn’t tell who was “E” and who was “D.” So you basically were riding solo.

Great, thanks…I’ll check the hard drive!

Well, anyone on screen was possible to work and draft with. And unless you were at the very end of the E group, odds are the people you were around were from the E group.

So you were working with and benefiting from the draft, even if you were surrounded by D riders.

There was at least 2:1 and often 4:1 in E:D, so that group always had plenty of people to roll with. The only way you were solo was if you were truly separated on screen.

For reference, you can readily identify the group of any rider by the color and tag ID next to theirs name in the rider list. Then you can also see the color of the rider dot in the top right map section.

2 Likes

I don’t think they were draftable because they didn’t show up in the rider list even though their avatars were on the screen. I think it was a glitch because of the way they set up the event, but regardless, feels like we’re beating a dead horse.

For clarity, if the rider is on screen in front of you, they are available for you to draft, I am certain of that. The only exception is if you ride a TT bike, but that was prevented in this event, so a non-issue here.

The rider list is for scoring only and is not related to drafting ability.

You can watch the drafting guide at the top of the screen for more guidance, as well as your avatar position (up or down) relative to rolling speed. All indicators of when you are getting draft benefits or not.

Edit to add a useful reference with more info:

1 Like

Impressive… I just squeezed a sub 2hr ride in at 1:59. I also set a new 2hr PB of 275w so it’s a win win!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Results seem to be up now, at least for me and the friends I checked.

Happy with my result, especially since I decided to do this last minute and just hammered through.
Fun challenge to rip 3 days in a row.

4 Likes

One of the few downsides to riding the Tron bike…your avatar never changes position so you never know if you are in someone draft or not.

But obviously a very minor quibble for the benefits of the bike!

2 Likes

Agreed, and one reason I don’t use it often. But it’s something you just get used to after some time learning the ropes.

2 Likes

Nicely done Chad!

Not my best results but not terrible given last minute decision to complete the stage event…

1 Like

That’s weird, I did almost the exact same time! (5:15:30)

Recovery week for me, which is good timing after that weekend!

2 Likes

Nice!

Recovery week indeed.

1 Like