Yeti SB115 and Yeti bikes

Oh interesting, I’d not noticed that.

Basically a heavy user, will maybe do 100 rides in 12 months. So they’re fine with a 3 year warranty. But a user like me who struggles to get time to mtb, would take 10 years to do the same 100 rides. So it just annoys me that after 1, 2 or 3 years, my warranty would be expired, but in fact I’d have done less riding than someone else would have done in their first summer with the bike.

I ended up deciding on a Blur, but then had some changes in where I was living, and put it on hold.

When I look again, then Yeti is totally back in the mix.

There’s been talk of a sb100 v2 coming to fix issues.

The online size guide has worked for me. I’m 5’8", and the medium is 5’5"-5’11".
I have demoed a couple other Yetis in the last few years and the medium has always worked. And I compared geo numbers to my current bike.

1 Like

Is that in the online forums or something from yeti? I’ll email yeti direct and see what they say

Someone called yeti and they sort of hinted at it

1 Like

Sb100 is officially gone for the 2021 lineup. Sb115 only now

I’m definitely surprised by this. But I guess they think the 115 will be good enough for those XCish yeti riders who are looking for a FS bike. Otherwise the new ARC hardtail is there.

Me too, saying that I’ve ordered a 2020 sb100 Turq at c40% off from Italy with the saving and currency exchange.

I’ve had my SB5.5 X01 for about 2 years now (2 rides per week average).
It’s been my first “botique” bike. Read lots online about cracked frames etc, so was a little skeptical.
So far the bike has been absolutely flawless, and it’s by far the best bike I have owned.

I think the one thing to be aware of with the Yeti’s switch Infinity System is that it does require more maintenance than many of the other designs out there. I take the rear triangle apart every 50 hour and clean and re-grease everything. I live in a dry and dusty environment, and the frame bearings still need to be replaced annually. For me this is not an issue, as I savor the time I get to spend in my garage tinkering with the bike, but it would cost a lot to have this done at the LBS every 50 hours or so.

1 Like

Pinkbike did an interesting review of the SB 115 Yeti SB115 Review: The Same But Different | 2020 Field Test XC/DC - YouTube

Thanks for that, good video. I was also interested in the transition spur

Any real world experience with the ARC. Looks like a fun little trail bike. Considering selling my Scott Spark RC for something with more trail geo and wondering how this HT would compare to a low travel 100mm xc bike.

Even 100mm travel really makes a huge difference over a HT. As a guy in my 50s, a HT really beats me up, whereas a short travel XC suspension really soaks up the chatter and adds traction.

2 Likes