Xtreme "old" VX-1 [trainer]

Does anyone uses the Xtreme VX-1 [trainer] in combination with a speed sensor? Or has an advice which trainer has a similar Compatible Power Curve

thanks a lot

Hey there!

I don’t have experience with your particular trainer and I’m having trouble finding any information about it online. The most important thing when it comes to picking a compatible power curve is to select a curve with the same type of resistance. If your trainer is a magnetic trainer, be sure to pick a magnetic power curve. If you have a fluid trainer, then be sure to select a fluid power curve.

This will likely not get you the exact right power values, however consistency and precision are the most important variables when training indoors. Even if your VirtualPower readings are not 100% representative of your outdoor power, you can still reap the benefits of training with power as long as you use the same trainer and VirtualPower curve for each workout. Doing so means your results will be comparable, and you’ll be able to track your progress.

I hope this helps, feel free to reach out if you have any more questions!

thank you very much. I already read this in the HOWTo but thought there might be somebody you used this trainer himself :slight_smile: