Wolf Tooth fit question need help

So i ordered most the parts and tools that i think i need. And did watch some Parktool videos on the upcoming tasks.
So i now know my chain has no Quick / Masterlink installed. I have to one where one Pin is bigger see in picture. Question, if you wanna open that chain. you do it on that big link?

To me it would be the first Idea to open it up there, but on one of the GCN Videos t i think Si mentions to not take out a Pin that you once put in, instead go and take one of the others open it up there and rejoin it with a Pin.

I also did order a Master/ Quick link for later but just to be sure also some Pins just in case.

Below i are some Pictures of the stuff i already have here.

Another Question is regarding what spacer i may need how i determine that?

Personally it’s been a long time since I didn’t have a quick link but I would not break the chain where it was last joined. And I would use a reusable quick link if possible (kmc do them). I use the Shimano quick links that come with the chains for the saddlebag for use in an emergency.

For the spacer you’ll want the 1.85 spacer when using an 11 speed MTB cassette on a road freehub.

2 Likes

Yes, open the chain anywhere else, just not at the old linking pin.

2 Likes

Thanks guys for the help awesome people here :+1:

1 Like