Where did you ride OUTSIDE today (2022)

I rode my first century in 8 years. I’ve been a casual recreational rider for 15 years, but just started w/TrainerRoad in late December 2021, building towards this first big event and others like it throughout this summer. Based on listening to the podcast, I was shooting for 155 to 170 watts and secretly hoping to finish under 7 hours. It wasn’t a race to me, but rather a challenge to be completed. It seemed like hundreds upon hundreds of other riders passed me: old, young, men, women, everybody! But as Jonathan and crew kept saying on the podcast, it’s about the process, not the result. And as Ivy (?) said, prepare for the unexpected: I had 2 mechanicals: chain slipped twice. This has never happened to me before, but I figured I’d give it a shot to get it back on by myself. I was able to turn the steed upside down and get the chain back on without calling the SAG wagon. Still, I’m very pleased with the result for the Horsey Hundred just outside of Lexington, KY in the USA. This was the most elevation I’ve ever completed, it was rolling hills the entire ride. (horses in the distance)

10 Likes