Where did you ride OUTSIDE today (2022)

Prince William Forest Park, Woodbridge, VA, USA

First ride outside since the end of August. Hopefully not the last outside ride this year but I need to get the right gear. Perfect weather, really. Was a little cold at the start (45F) but quickly warmed up to 50-65F in the forest and hit 70F once I was back in Manassas.

Longest ride of the year. Funny how life gets in the way. In March I had a calendar full of events that I wanted to do, including almost one century each month, and one by one they got overcome by events. Oh well, lesson learned for next year to prioritize the ones I really want to do.

Bike (Fezzari Empire), wheels (Zipp 303S), drive train (SRAM Rival AXS), homemade carb mix, and training plan (FasCat 10-Week Weight Training, TR POL Base, TR Sweet Spot Base, TR Sustained Power Build, TR Century Specialty) worked flawlessly. Repeatability was key on this ride as I went around the Scenic Drive inside the park seven times, each one beginning with a 30-second anaerobic / VO2 effort to get up a 12% gradient followed by 1:00 threshold and then 17:00 of endurance / tempo / sweet spot to get around the loop. Repeat x7, then ride 25 miles home.

16 Likes