Where did you ride OUTSIDE today? (2019 & 2020)

Finished up week 1 of traditional base outside trying to ride with minimal coasting and minimal efforts. I did give it a 6 minute run at 250 on a longer flat which is tempo, and a few mini sprints as seen in something like Mokelumne which I had scheduled for tomorrow instead of another Fletcher. Had to stop for some photos, beautiful time of year

8 Likes

7 Likes

White Rim in a day - a ride through Canyonlands.

We started in the dark. The handlebar bag had a 3L bladder. With another 3L bladder in my pack, the bottle, plus a can of Coke, this made for 7L total of fluids. I drank it all.

We hit the Mineral Bottom switchbacks at dawn.

As the sun started to peek over the horizon, we could tell this was going to be a spectacular day. .

The Green River at dawn.

It was right around freezing until the sun came up. Then it started to warm up nicely

The rest of the day had views of canyons everywhere you looked

Anyone fancy a climb after 90miles? The Shafer Road climb back out of the canyon.

And of course the recovery shake after the ride from the local brewery.

100 miles of canyons and desert. Epic!

18 Likes

Autumn cruise in Chicago forest preserve🤘

11 Likes

Rampart Reservoir, fun with friends!

9 Likes

Amazing😍

A relaxed ride up to Stamford/ Rutland for me today.

I upped it a little when i left the group.

I need to clean the bike but the Giro is on :joy:

5 Likes

Next step is getting him started on indoor structured rides!

Jokes aside, I wish my family took me on bike rides. Looks like a blast.

Iowa Wind And Rock

342 mile, single stage, 34 hour cut-off, gravel and dirt road self-supported race.

I DNF’d at mile 200 after what I believe was a poor clothing choice at mile 182(adding a second layer of tights put too much pressure and tension on my knee, causing pain)
https://www.strava.com/activities/4237165886

7 Likes

What gorgeous pictures! Looks like an amazing ride!

Fall looks amazing there! So pretty!

Headed out to Mt. Lemmon in Tucson for my Leavitt +2 today - this was my first attempt at a structured outdoor workout. I thought it was a relatively steady gradient but my 10s average power was still kinda jumpy. Probably means I need to work on my pedal stroke, ERG mode has spoiled me :sweat:

2 Likes

Many of the rides in Moab have great scenery. White Rim is pretty special though.

1 Like

Yeah - I’m making an effort to find an activity I can do with my kids. I can’t run, hike, ski or play ball sports any more due to an ankle injury, so riding is it. We’re going to Moab again in a couple of weeks for a family trip. My kids get a big ego boost from riding the trails there (like me I guess) :rofl:

Best. Roads. Ever.

(and thats the good side LOL, completely serious)

7 Likes

Looks halfway to being a gravel road!

3 Likes

California Cobblestones!

2 Likes

8 Likes

Compared to some of the roads I rode back home that looks in great condition :+1:

2 Likes

Germans keep things pretty clean :slight_smile:

1 Like