Where did you ride OUTSIDE today? (2019 & 2020)

Small group ride last night where myself and another guy were doing the majority of the pulls and pulling back any of the attackers. This was a huge ego boost for me after a couple weeks of failed workouts. Average power was solid, and the normalized really highlights how hard the pulls were when I was at the front bringing guys back. Felt so fun and good to ride in a paceline again, even if it were smaller (six of us).

I never felt out of my element and everything felt like it was within the realm of possibility to manage with my fitness, and that’s such a wonderful feeling.

5 Likes

Beautiful afternoon ride today:

California poppies still blooming:

Wildlife (coyotes):

Five days off from work = five amazing trail rides. What a nice staycation.

9 Likes

Unfortunately the white stuff is not clouds. Thankfully, the wind was from the right direction to keep the smoke away.

8 Likes

Planned for a century today but my rear spoke took half the day off so cut it short. Shore towns are empty in the off season and makes holding speed much easier. Held it in Z2 and fueled light, really light: 3 bottles, 2 SiS Bars, 2 SiS gels, and a jalapeño pretzel from Wawa.

Hoping to do a big indoor ride tomorrow since nobody local has a spoke, and my MTB is also down with a bent hanger which nobody has in stock locally either

Here is said bent hanger from a ride earlier this week, AXS derailleur is stout

5 Likes

Get yourself a hanger alignment tool and straighten it out (unless it’s been bent before, in which case be careful!)

3 Likes

First time out with some guys in a while :grinning:

3 Likes

After my broken spoke fiasco yesterday I managed to find whole box of spokes that my friend Jim had. Quick stop at LBS and off I went at 1pm, didn’t have time for a longer ride so just made this one a bit harder

6 Likes

Big loop (for me, right now) in the Sierra foothills. Lack of weights and any real ‘climbing’ work showed on the inclines.
Has me thinking of the next training plan and what I want to tweak to improve this.
Great ride though, and a big relief from wildfire smoke we have been dealing with lately.

5 Likes

Steady Z2 ride (with a couple Strava segment efforts) out into the countryside for a loop before heading back. Quite happy with my performance on these structureless, fun rides this week. It’s really put my fitness and improvement into perspective after having felt down on myself at the end of specialty as I was failing workouts. A year ago, a ride like this would have been 1-2 mph slower average speed and I’d have felt wrecked by the time I got home. Today, I felt invincible at this pace.

6 Likes

Race, Fallen Leaves in Sobotka:

Delighted with my performance, but not by my ranking :expressionless:
Doing ok when the road goes up, doing well when the road goes down.
Getting hammered when the big guys put on the hurt on the flat though.
I need to keep at it, but I might actually revise my nutrition strategy for ALL workouts.
I don’t need to lose that much weight, what I need at the moment is raw power.
Bring it on!

5 Likes

A relaxed ride into Rutland for me today. I’ve had lunch, watched Gent-Weg and watched the Giro I better get round to this:

If you’re interested in the ride :thinking:

3 Likes

Half Everest yesterday (15k feet). 35 laps of this segment in about 7 hours.
https://www.strava.com/segments/1063887

5x Maurten 320 drink mix
8x Maurten 100 gels
2x SiS gels

Last 15 laps were a little rough with some cramping preventing me for standing out of the saddle, so probably need to think about some electrolytes to supplement the carbs. But overall really happy with the 203 NP over such a long duration.

Planning a full Everest on the same segment about a year from now.

5 Likes

That’s a pretty big gap between your intervals.icu eFTP and FTP. Is that right?

First decent ride after a week on holiday.
My goal is 100 miles a week so I’m pleased to have managed it this week.
Rode a couple of local streets to make it 80 miles and had to fix a flat 500 yards from home🙄
(Apologies for breaking Rule#49)
Didn’t fancy a walk home in cleats…:man_dancing:

4 Likes

I probably need to retest my last test was in the middle of a knee injury and other sh1t going on. I don’t think TR has me down for another for a few weeks and now its end of season I am not in a rush and may replace it with a non ERG 20min test. My Suito seems too harsh on ERG, that how I think I hurt the knee in the first place.

For the last two-three weeks my e’FTP has been a consistent 293-296w back to where it was pre knee/Sh1t. The eFTP value for me seems more akin to my 20min max at that time.:+1:
During that cr@ppy period the e’FTP also seemed more akin to 20min max values, rather than 95% of them.

1 Like

I did some World Champs 2017 tourism this weekend, since I’m moving away from Bergen in a few months and might not have many more opportunities:

Mount Fløyen men’s ITT

Been up there a hundred times but never with a bicycle :smiley:

The Øygarden part of the men’s road race

Miserable headwind for the first half, which I expected because it’s an island, but which I did not mentally prepare for. Also got half-way across a bridge and then walked the rest of the way because I thought the crosswind was going to toss me into the ocean.

Found some leftover decoration!

Depressingly, that year the women’s parcours were limited to the circuit through downtown Bergen, which I’m sure is lovely when the roads are closed.

12 Likes

Wow!! That’s so impressive!!

I would have called someone to pick me up! Lol! Nice job @AndyBaggott!

1 Like

Wow. Norway looks so beautiful @ellotheth ! I have a Norwegian Fjord pony, but she was bred in the US. It’s funny but Americans seem to like to name Fjord horses Oslo and Bergen.

1 Like

They’re everywhere here! From one of my loops:

4 Likes