Where did you ride OUTSIDE today? (2019 & 2020)

Monday was to be a rest day but a neighbor checked to see if I wanted to go for a ride. As I didn’t ride that pre-dawn morning, I couldn’t use “I already went” as an excuse. I rarely ride with anyone and our schedules hadn’t meshed for a long while, plus it was a good time to catch up. But, I was still tired after three days of hard, including Friday & Saturday rides and a Sunday 10-mile trail run with nearly 2100’ of climbing (which sadly used to be a regular distance but I enjoy the gravel bike so much this was my longest run of the year).

Here’s a view from the peak I ran to. It’s ridable, too, but from a different approach. There’s a restaurant behind me that’s open in the summer.

For the ride, sorry for going off topic, I was tired and the power/time data of early segments made that clear. However, the views were worth it.

In the middle, in the distance, at the tip of the lake, is the center of Zurich, the largest city in Switzerland with about 435,000 people.

It wasn’t a long ride and there were some hike-a-bike sections, both down and up, icy roots and rocks or just too icy or slushy for traction. (I had on my all-season tires, not the winter knobbies.) A good time in the saddle.

10 Likes