Where did you ride OUTSIDE today? (2019 & 2020)

That’s a good climb regardless of the ground condition. I don’t know what your layers are and there’s only so much they (the layers) & you can do. To state the obvious, you need to limit the overheating on the climb since with that descent you won’t be working hard to generate heat, and keep the sweat in your layers warm, for a while. You’re probably doing merino already. For me, in -15, I’m wearing a thin merino long sleeve with a thick merino-blend as the next (these are generally running kit from SOAR Running or Odlo), another merino layer or Rapha’s now-discontinued Pro Team Thermal Base with neck gaiter (I wish I bought more than one of these), a long-sleeve jersey that does reasonably well against the wind, and then a thick jacket (my winter jacket is Stolen Goat’s Climb & Conquer series), a neck gaiter (if not wearing the Pro Team Thermal Base), and a hat (prefer Stolen Goat’s winter hats). For yesterday, which was only 0-2C, a short-sleeve merino base, the Rapha above, and loose-ish Rapha merino long-sleeve under the Stolen Goat (a good hi-vis option when there are hunters about, which I didn’t expect :slight_smile: But with that downhill… I suppose it depends on where you feel the coldest / where you feel the sweat freezing.

1 Like