What workout did you do today? (2020, part 2)

I’m trying to apply the same principle to myself that I would preach to others if they considered an effort like this a failure.
Always easier to preach to someone else though :wink:

But thanks for the positive reinforcement, it helps.

3 Likes

Short version of Clark this morning. I love me a Stomp :grin:

14 Likes

Mary Austin -1 , i was thinking about quitting after the first 4 intervals but then i decided i will give the fifth one a go after that i said to myself i might as well do the last one :wink:

16 Likes

That’s the spirit! Way to go!

3 Likes

Back on the structured training bandwagon.

Tues-Wed-Thurs flanked by weight work Mon and Fri.

Streak closing in on 400 days.

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 7.07.56 AM

11 Likes

Ramp test (313–>329) followed by volunteer.

I was guessing I’d slot in +- 325 based on recent over unders. 5% is going to be a decent jump going into a modified SSB2MV (Gendarme on Sunday). Put a couple of efforts into volunteer for no real good reason.

11 Likes

Goddam cycling tyrannosaurus🦖

6 Likes

Mary Austin -1. Jeez, that lulls you into a false sense of security… that last up and down was a real mental battle. Hard work, but right on the edge of manageable - certainly better than the flailing mess that was the end of CP+2 last week.

13 Likes

It turns out you can’t really supervise a child properly while on the trainer. A shame really as this was shaping up to be a good workout coupled with some TV time.
“Excuse me, Daddy” is a very polite way of saying you’re not paying me enough attention. I can normally flick over to a doco and get him interested. Today, no dice.

I figure half an hour on the bike is better than nothing. Take it on the chin and push it to (very early) Sunday morning for the win.

17 Likes

Time for me to institute the Senior 3 wks work/1 wk rest paradigm.

Lol, I’m 28 and I do this. It’s ok

1 Like

Double brick session today, fueled only by black coffee and water.
Bike 1: Tunnabora - 4 with 5 minutes extended WU; straight into
Run 1: 5 km at 4:40 pace; straight into
Bike 2: Carter; straight into
Run 2; 5 km at 4:40 pace.

This was my goal and this also seems to be the limit of my current glycogen capabilities, since my legs started to feel noodly right in the final kilometer of the 2nd run.

10 Likes

Another mostly Z2 ride on the rollers for rest week. Fridays would normally be a day off, but all I’ve done is Z2 this week, so the energy has to go somewhere, or I get cranky. I’ve been meaning to give Rouvy a try, so I got it set up, and picked a 27 km 1,400m climb I actually rode this summer, the Kaunertal Gletscher (Glacier). Really liked it, I’ll have to try it out on the Kickr, too, so that the climbs are simulated (I just went for a lower cadence on the rollers). The last shot is a picture I took on the real ride, happened to get take a shot on Rouvy of the same spot. :smile:

11 Likes

15mins recovery intervals just seem too long even at start of base training (week 1). So dropped it down to 10 mins and tagged 15mins z2 on the end.

11 Likes

Squeezed in a quick tempo workout this am.

10 Likes

After hardly doing any threshold since September, that was a nice reminder that sweetspot is pretty easy.

19 Likes

Tallac+3 today a lot of work after Mary Austin-1 yesterday ! Day rest tomorrow to be ready for final week of ssb2

10 Likes

Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 15.48.56

Absolutely brutal session today!!

8 X 8 @95%

2 x 20 @88%

Best ever 4hr power at least :slight_smile:

17 Likes

My third time taking this test now. The first 2.5 months ago was a complete fail going out too hard and stopping at 21 minutes, I averaged 211w and just took 95% of that as I had paced it more like a 20 minute test than a TTE. The second one I did properly and got an FTP of 205 with TTE of 35 minutes. Today I got 211 and TTE of 32 minutes. I was kind of meh about about, until I looked back and realized only 2.5 months I ago I averaged those same watts and died an awful death at 21 minutes, while this time it only got tough the last 2-3 minutes! I also under-paced the first 10 minutes of this final test which may have made the difference of 2-3 watts, but I’d be grasping at straws there. I’m happy with the results; now time to put in some work!

215 was my stretch goal, and while I did not make that, I’m close and know I will next test. That will be the highest my FTP has ever been!

16 Likes

Screenshot_20201205-131116
McAdie +1. This one actually felt easier than Palisade last week. I know this one is considered by many to be one of the toughest over unders in the catalogue, so that I felt as strong as I did is really motivating and exciting. I think I needed the push from last week’s session to remind my legs and heart about these kinds of efforts. Feels more like the bread and butter burn I’m used to now.

Also, I’m not posting every workout throughout the week now because of time commitments. Been nailing every workout and haven’t skipped a single session yet. In other words, I’m very eager for that recovery week next week and to see my progress the following week.

16 Likes

Exact same here! Big day of nothing tomorrow - trying not to think about Spencer +2…

2 Likes