What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

Just about to sign up for TR. Really looking forward to using it for the 2020 season.

3 Likes

The last interval really hurt today… felt so good finishing this though :+1:

14 Likes

Did Andrews today on TR with Zwift meetup feature to ride in a group. Was fun and motivating and keeping me accountable. @anon20047708 @Adam and Theo showed up and the 1.5 hours went faster than normal. Originally 8 confirmed.

14 Likes

Not feeling very well these days, seems I might have overdone my training (900+TSS weeks) before xmas on the trainer, first time I’ve been sick this year.
Swapping out vo2max and anaerobic efforts with endurance and SS the rest of 2019.

9 Likes

Kaweah: this felt harder than expected. I can hang out in sweet spot for long periods but these 10 minute threshold blocks wore me down, had to jump off for a minute before the 4th was over. Didn’t have my usual egg and sausage breakfast today, but instead made some Kodiak Kakes (protein pancakes) this morning, not blaming that but probably should have made more of an effort to go food shopping before a hard workout :rofl:

16 Likes

Wrapped up SSB2MV, Zwifting Quatch Quest along side and got into it… sub-1:00 Alpe. Looking forward to a bit of a FTP bump after some recovery.

15 Likes

Martin Hill TBMV part 2, thank god for Netflix.

13 Likes

New FTP bump last week, first workout after 5 days brake - so something easy to check if my HR and legs agree with an increase. My conclusion is that after SSB2 I have missed Sweet Spot workout and how unstresful they are:)

13 Likes

Sorry I missed you all… forgot I had to log out to join and had been on for a while already racing and riding tempo.

Decided to do a tired 20’ (post 2000kj) so hopped in another race with a good climb and buried it. 4.9wkg and only 10w under my 20min all time best. Rode it in at SS and called it good. Not a bad morning.

I’ll try to catch you all again next week.

10 Likes

Nice and no worries. Will set one up for next weekend and hope more people to join.

Yesterday - about 5 miles of cross-country skiing at 7000’ near Donner Summit. Haven’t done xc in 30+ years (?!), but it came back pretty quick. Just before calling it a day, tried showing off and had a weird backward fall on the flat Teaching Lanes and re-sprained the recovering thumb (severe sprain 8 months ago). Plan to look for cheap cross-country equipment package at the end of season!

13 Likes

Kodiak cakes are damn good tho. I like Cinnamon Oat best.

2 Likes

I turned 40 today, so I made a special workout in the workout creator for it. 40x40/40s and 40 minutes at threshold. I didn’t realise I had copied coach @chad 's text over from the workout I used as a starting point so there is some random and yet always encouraging text through it. Also, I treated myself to a smart trainer for my birthday, and I can tell there is going to be bit of a learning curve to that. I seem to be undershooting the 40 second intervals slightly in ERG mode, but it was even worse in resistance mode? Maybe I have a bad unit, or maybe this is just how smart trainers behave? It only seems to be really predictable right around 95-100 rpm.
https://www.trainerroad.com/career/aarontator/rides/69227744-over-the-hill

8 Likes

Ramp test
Not a happy camper down 4 watts from 262 too 258W

6 Likes

I’m new to smart trainers, too, so take this with a grain of salt but… I’ve been able to hit target watts for stomps, short VO2 max intervals and the like in ERG mode just by starting to pick up my pedal speed and force 2-4 seconds before the interval hits. And yeah, it actually seems to take longer to get to target watts with resistance mode… FWIW

4 Likes

Hit the great outdoors today; still shaking off Christmas food and libations. Felt like crap for the first hour, but felt like I passed through a door right around then and felt great the rest of the way.

8 Likes

Seriously jealous of that snow cover - we’re on artificial snow only on the slopes, and sheer ice everywhere else (well, sheer ice on the slopes as well). XC skiing is not having a great year so far. But 15-25cms are supposedly on their way Monday…

2 Likes

And the final one!!!, after feeling like the end was near on many of the SS workouts (11-23 SSBHV2) i ended the last week with amazing legs, stopped both sat and sun long before my legs were crushed.

+84Min SS on the sweetspot base ending workout, giving my last week a total of 531Min. Also the week with highest IF and highest avg watt on the intervals.

Hoping you all nailing workouts!!! :smiley:

14 Likes

4 x 20 minutes sweet spot. Felt good up until the last 9 minutes which were interminable… :joy:

12 Likes

Back to SS workouts. Felt pretty good, the last 3 minutes of the 5th set tho, always feels like 20 minutes.

14 Likes