What workout did you do today? (2018/2019)

I have the same experience - 15s vo2 in erg mode is matched when you increse the cadence just before - the rest depends how much (and if) power smoothing there is.

2 Likes

Most of leconte.

Set 1…fine. Set 2…hard but doable. Set 3a) rough…muscularly hard. Set 3b) bailed. That’s still 50 minutes at/around threshold so I’m happy with that.

12 Likes

Bondcliff

Legs feeling emptied by third interval, then talking myself out of the effort. All this eating, drinking and late nights throughout the festive period not good for my workouts. Once I’m back to doing them at normal times I’m sure they’ll improve, least I’m hanging on until the end even though its just cruising…

11 Likes

Awesome work on a hangover! I struggled through it after an (almost) completely dry night last night…

2 Likes

Whoops go carried away with those 30sec efforts in an endurance session.

Sunday lunch with the family then an easy run

8 Likes

Mount Bear. Really liking these long workouts. Might to traditional base again next year!

11 Likes

Geiger +2 which is 5x12 SS 88-94%, felt much better than yesterday’s 5x10 threshold 94-99% :hot_face:

12 Likes

Glad to hear you have the same experience with resistance mode. I’m mildly concerned because I bought an Elite Suito, and I know there are some bad early units out there. What trainer are you running?

1 Like

Baxter +2 today. Other than that, two runs and a yoga class over the past week while with family.

Back to the plan tomorrow!

5 Likes

Ramp test. +5 watts in 4 weeks. +20 watts in 12 weeks. Following something that floats between a linear periodized or polarized plan with my peaking not due for another 6 weeks.

7 Likes

Palisade today. Legs are tired…but it’s a good tired!

3 Likes

@aarontator… I’m on a Wahoo Kickr Core.

When you think about it, it’s no surprise that hitting an ERG mode sprint or whatever with some preparation will get you to target watts faster than resistance mode. Theoretically, they could both be done equally but it’s just natural to take more run-up time in standard resistance mode, and there’s no real penalty besides missing the target. With ERG mode, you must keep it going at the target watts or you’ll just stop pedaling.

Personally, I like attacking them in ERG as it forces more immediate muscle recruitment, something I know is a weakness for me.

2 Likes

Easy week at the end of SSBMV+ last week. Changed the week to include more Baxter and less Andrews, Volunteer and Beech. Starting build today, skipping the ramp test and using my benchmark from Lamarck as i completed Leconte with that FTP a couple of weeks ago. I’m up for the next few weeks!

6 Likes

Per Plan Builder, today is my start of Sweet Spot Base for four weeks.

Two-thirds of Mount Bald. Left achilles tightness is getting to me. Lowered the saddle, move the cleats back to midfoot, still an issue.

6 Likes

Plan Builder started me on Goddard in a SSB II block. I thought my FTP would be way down after having injuries due to an accident, but then also forget to retest. But judging by this workout I either haven’t really lost much or I suddenly gained the ability to endure more pain… This was very very doable.
afbeelding

11 Likes

Doing something like SSB3 - so increased tss a little bit but workouts with more emphasis on sustaining power. After 4 weeks block I am going to do proper build. This is also the time when I am trying new workouts I have found in higher volume base and build phases.

10 Likes

XC skiing is almost as much fun as riding. I miss it!

1 Like

Forgot how much I love XC, looking to get a good deal on equipment and take it up again!

Bays yesterday after a long outdoor ride on Saturday. Used my rollers so hitting sprint numbers doesn’t work (for me).

I’m enjoying the process of SSBMV1 so far. I have a race at the end of Jan. I am going to play around with Plan Builder today before I manually add SSBMV2. I think the biggest key for me will be consistency (not that much of a concern) and adding sustained intervals as the season progresses. I’ve done a lot of homework on the many different opinions concerning science based training. At some point you just have to try something. Hoping the SS work pays off, it seems not everyone is in agreement there.

9 Likes

Darwin - first workout of modded SPBMV. Getting ready for crit season

10 Likes