What qualifies as Alpe d'Huez Bragging rights?

:joy:

So true!

2 Likes

Just getting to the top is bragging rights imo!

The heat is something else when you tackle it in the afternoon on a summers day, especially after the heat has had time to soak into the rockface!

1 Like

This guy probably has the right to brag!

This guy can definitely brag!

1 Like

definitely keeping this as an option as I will accommodate the desires of a buddy that will ride with me if he wants a shorter ride I go short longer I go longer etc.

I concur!!! Both those guys have bragging rights:grinning: I am kinda referring to ordinary mortals as there are levels of bragging rights :joy:

That’s good to know about the heat. What about wind? One of the gifts to myself will be a set of clx50s this summer. Specialized Win tunnel dudes say that crosswinds are of little impact…yes i know they product biased…but they are 100g ligher the clx32s

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

kool, been to Norway but it was vacation with the ol’ lady fjords and site seeing… too cold for me though, They have some outstanding MTBers as well

wow fotos got me stoked!!

will take a look at it, thanks

okay, I will take a look at it as an option. Thanks

Thanks, I have some more planning to do and will take a look at this option as well, thanks

Wind wasn’t a massive issue when I went. Infact there wasn’t any, so it made climbing feel even hotter!

You’ll be fine with the 50s, the style points make up for any drawbacks haha

Thanks I will check out your recommendations. Fotos are source of my info on the 2007 stage. But now I have some more research todo. thanks again.

Yikes 13-14hrs probably not on this trip maybe next time as I have the family with me so I not sure I can sell that ride but who knows I still have time to come with a plan:rofl:

My hat is off to you sir!!! No way I could do that and survive… U R da MAN!!!

Thanks I will take a look at as well.

That’s not Alpe d’huez! I think the translation calls it the Alpe d’huez of the Pyrenees. Which is a completely different mountain range to the Alps on the French Spanish border- it’s at least a 10 hour drive… The Pyrenees are also stunning with some amazing climbs @Junio where are you staying as I’m sure we could suggest climbs close to where you are staying?

Also I would advise not following a Tour route - they are normally quite dull and use major roads (that bikes can’t travel on) as France stops on tour day.