What power meter are you using on your MTB and do you like it?

After the recent podcast that highly recommended MTB power meters, I thought I might give it a shot this year. Would love to know what’s working for others!

1 Like

4iiii precision. I bought it in June 2016 and now it’s on its third bike. One time it failed (one of the battery leads broke) and was promptly replaced without charge. Other than that it’s been flawless.

3 Likes

Quarq, rock solid accurate numbers that can be relied upon.

2 Likes

Stages 2nd gen. Works well, but will record power spikes in rough terrain. I have a 3rd gen on my gravel bike, and 3rd gen have a mode for “bumpy terrain”.

Hear good reviews about the 4iiii, my next one will probably be one.

1 Like

Cinch, I had one failure during the year, they warrantied it. Largely happy with it.

2 Likes

Power2Max NGeco, for SRAM road 110BCD. Turns out the chainline was about the same as boost so it’s on my MTB now, with 34T ring minimum.

I used it a bunch on a gravel/CX bike before putting it on an MTB this fall, so minimal trails use but totally reliable so far. If I was doing it again I’d get the SRAM direct mount Mtb version though. Still might for my non-boost XC bike.

1 Like

I’m using a Quarq on my XC bike and a 4iiii on my Enduro bike. Both are very accurate.

1 Like

Quarq has been great last 2 years for me on my XC bike.

2 Likes

Quarq. Yes, been good so far. Had Stages prior and it would have power spikes.

1 Like

I had a 4iiii left hand PM on my bike most of last year which performed flawlessly and was consistently and reliably in line with my Direto X when I compared the two which was fantastic.

Unfortunately my new bike doesn’t work with that, or the Stages Gen 3 I purchased to replace. I’m looking at either a driveside Stages if I can get one, or a Sigeyi. A bit nervous about the Sigeyi but optimistic.

1 Like

Stages gen 3 on left crank. I still get power spikes on bumpy terrain, but am otherwise happy. 2 years of faultless riding so far.

Spin bikes in my gym have the same power meter. They are generally consistent but one spin bike has a power meter that drops power readings by 10% every few minutes and then goes back to normal…then the pattern repeats. Not a calibration issue, I checked. Would I get this PM again? Yes, I would.

1 Like

I have a road 110bcd with a 34t on my “B” mountain bike. I thought I was the only one. : ) It’s served me well, allowing me to save about 2 lbs over the triple-rig that was on there. But now I want to run a 32 or 30 on that bike, so I’ll probably just start over on that one.

1 Like

I just bought a sigeyi. It was pretty cheap. It took a long time to show up but we will see how it works. I installed it on sram sb+ cranks

2 Likes

I have a stages Gen 2 and can confirm. My major concern was that it’d be toast after a season of riding mid-Atlantic rock gardens, but it’s been bulletproof.

I’ve just ordered one, hopefully it’s good :crossed_fingers:.

A mate of mine coaches a few athletes that use it and find it to be reliable so that’s promising.

1 Like

Here is my review on the Power2Max NGeco on a MTB.

1 Like

I think there is a whole thread dedicated to this already.

I have a Cinch on my trail bike, 4iiii on my XC bike.

The Power2Max NGEco/Eagle XX1 combo is what I have. No problems in over a year.

1 Like