What is the best way to clean tan wall tyres?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Best way is to sell them and buy black sidewall tires! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Dont go too long without cleaning them and use a sponge and very strong mix of detergent.

Imagine you have a 2 year old…he goes up to take a nap, so you clean his playroom. Youre done, you stand back and say “damn, looks great”. kid wakes up, goes straight back to the playroom and takes out every toy…

Same scenario with tan walls… haha

3 Likes

I have Tan wall on my Gravel bike and after 1000+ miles of mud I am quite happy as to how they clean up. I use muc off and a small portable jet wash after every ride.

2 Likes

This.

I don’t get the fascination with tan sidewalls….and I say this as someone who came up in the era of tan sidewalls.

1 Like

They look good to some folks, myself included. Nice pop of color/contrast on some bikes. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah, I get it is an aesthetic thing….I just don’t see it. But rock ‘em if they work for you!!

2 Likes

Not gonna lie…it’s 99.736% aesthetic for me :crazy_face: My bikes are both matte black so its works!

5 Likes

3 Likes

I would try paint.

2 Likes

Some of us are still living in the “buy what you can get your hands on” situation. I’d prefer black sidewalls, but tan sidewalls are certainly better than no tire.

1 Like

SOS pads and a good rinse.

If you’re running rim brakes especially you really need to stay on top of the cleaning.