What do you do for entertainment while on the trainer?

When not cursing and swearing about a painful interval, I watch The Expanse, possibly better than Star Wars.

Yes, there I said it.

2 Likes

Blocked and reported.

2 Likes

Too hot

It’s also Winter :man_shrugging: :upside_down_face:

Doesn’t bare skin chafe against the saddle?

Not on YouTube but GCN. The gamechanger for me was finding out you can select the audio channel and I always go for “ambient sound” = no commentary.

1 Like

When I am struggling at the end of the workout I put this youtube video on loop. It always help me go through

2 Likes

I must be doing something wrong with TR training because the pursuit of entertainment is in my mind fundamentally incompatible with TR training. The only entertainment is breathing.

Yep. You’re doing something wrong.

4 Likes

I watch Tour de France whole stages, approx. 5 h each, and it motivates me somehow. Especially in winter its nice to look at a green summer landscape. As for movies, I do find it hard to follow any plot, regardless training intensity.

Depends a bit on the Session. Watching a show or Movie or a Race if something is on, if I do Endurance/Tempo/Sweetspot . For everything above I either put on a podcast or an episode of a Series I already watched just to have some background noise and sometimes I switch to Music or nothing for hard Workouts.

But currently trying to do most of my Workouts outdoors, it’s just easier to motivate myself like that.

Psy Trance on youtube, I just watch those swirly patterns go round and round, might as well maximise my time in fitness & transindental mediation at the same time. The kids think I am weird :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cycling on GCN or Peacock. Way more realistic than Zwift and lets me keep up with the pro peloton.

1 Like