What Colour Should My Nipples Be?

Opinions please.

What colour would you choose? Black Spokes, Black Rims, option to add a splash of colour at the nipple.

Bike is kind of black/stealth scheme, but really sparkles in the sunlight.

images

1 Like

I’ve been thinking of trying a sort of Purple, Dark Green, Light Green, and Pink pattern, but I don’t know if it’ll look hideous or magnificent.

I mean, I had these when I was a kid and I thought they were pretty magnificent…

spoke beads

21 Likes

They certainly are. I’m not sure I can get on board with the additional noise :wink:.

I’ve spent a fair bit of money trying to make my bike near silent. (I’d love to get an XTR silent rear hub if they’d only move to cartridge bearings).

Can we get a break down of aero dynamics of these ?

2 Likes

this thread was total clickbait

35 Likes

:grimacing: if you have to ask it’s time to schedule an appointment with your doctor, stat!

8 Likes

Totally. Isn’t that the point of a forum :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: - to foster engagement.

I hope it gave you a giggle, and you weren’t too disappointed to not find a picture of my other nipples.

4 Likes

:rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Simulate with electrical tape. I’d say red over the tire logo or amber next to the valve (also amber)

1 Like

THIS! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Personally, I’d only go with brass nipples because I believe them to be stronger. I’ve had a few broken alloy nipples. So that would leave me with black or chrome unless somebody does brass in other colors.

3 Likes

And give up aerodynamics? Obviously use http://www.spokeskins.net/product-category/skins/bicycleskins/

Whatever color brass comes in

Friends don’t let friends use aluminum nipples

4 Likes

Good job on the thread title.

If doing different colors, I’d recommend to try to keep it in the same half of the color wheel (pun intended). I think alternating color points will give it a garbled look.

So do yellow orange red orange yellow orange red—that’ll make the colors undulate a little.

Or

Blue green purple green blue

Or

Different shades of the same color, undulating; or two shades alternating.

Edit: you can also do red white and blue cuz ‘murica

2 Likes

Going for an ombré look!

1 Like

Im glad I wasn’t the only one thinking that :joy:

1 Like

0% chance I would have clicked on this thread if I really knew what it was about. Well played.

3 Likes

This dude knows.

1 Like

This dude knows!

1 Like