What are your unpopular cycling opinions?

Only in America :joy:.

That is a very popular opinion.
At least in EU

1 Like

There is also no need to play the national anthem before every single event

6 Likes

Coming from an American I have to say I agree here. Always thought it was weird when whoever hands out the trophy says world champion of a league with teams from at most 2 countries.

2 Likes

Especially when a legitimate World Championship already exists in said sport.

The NHL Stanley cup winner = which American team has the most Canadians :joy:

6 Likes

I’ll give you some of those but no one else plays American football so you gotta give us that one. And in the Olympics America is basically a cheat code in basketball.

4 Likes

That’s mostly been true, but they still have to show up and beat those other nations.

1 Like

TrainerRoad is and has always been focused on the Time-crunched cyclist. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

The more I listen to FasCat (which isn’t much) the more I appreciate TrainerRoad.
~“This plan is for those who can only train 8-10 hours a week.”
~“That day will be a short workout, so only 60-90 minutes.”
:roll_eyes:

9 Likes

As an LV type, that’s what I like about it.

2 Likes

I haven’t listened to fascat much but I’ve listened to plenty of other podcasts and 8-10 hours is often viewed as sort of the lower end.

I certainly get it for many where being fast is higher up on the priority list.

For me as I get older I for sure need more yoga/stretching and strength work to make sure my body can handle being on the bike. So I need to add at minimum a 2-3 hours of off bike work per week.

That’s okay. I just adjust my expectations as I only ride longer when I have big events.

2 Likes

Posting a thread or a reply with power in absolute value only, without weight, is misleading.
It will not help experts to give an appropriate support.

Also and mainly
I need to know if you do 350W at 70 or 90 kg
I need to know if I’m being envious for a good reason

4 Likes

Is that 350w for 30 seconds or 30 minutes?

:grin:

2 Likes

FTP is the power you can hold forNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7 Likes

In relation to descending/handling; bottom bracket height doesn’t matter nearly as much as headtube angle, steering angle, fork offset, or pretty much any other geometry variable. It’s just the easiest to understand.

1 Like

Although I’m not such a big fan of their podcast anymore (has become too commercial and lacks focus IMO), I would also categorise 10 hours pw with “only” I’m afraid. The same goes for 90 mins workouts.
Don’t get me wrong during winter 10 hours is my average week but I’m fully aware is really nothing spectacular.

I’d appreciate Trainerroad more however if they offered the flexibility to have plans that go beyond 10 hours when outdoor riding allows it.
Very old debate…but 10 hours pw cannot be classified as high volume.

4 Likes

Bar tape should be wrapped from the top down not the bottom up.

And group rides generally suck.

3 Likes

Wait, what!?

So your hands constantly fold up the edges of the tape and pull it apart :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

8-10hrs in a solo ride :grin::muscle:

8-10hrs on the trainer :hot_face::hot_face::hot_face:

2 Likes