Next Level - Commute to work in it, sleep there Mon-Fri, and hold weeknight practice crits in the office parking lot
I think it’s good to train in z3, tempo from time to time for certain types of event goals.
And how is this topic “solved”? Aren’t unpopular opinions an endless black hole? ![]()
This, with wood panelling, is a dream vehicle for me.
Preach!
I’m 52 so I think my wife is probably correct when she says “You’re not ‘training’, you’re riding your bike!”
Your FTP is lower than you think. 100% of the time.

“But I’m doing intervals, with targets!”
Electronic groupsets are actually amazing.
I rode my first one, full of skepticism, and a week later went out and bought 12sp Di2. Can’t wait to install it on my bike.
That appears to be an unpopular opinion and I’m totally cool with that.
Don’t think this is going to be an upopular opinion, but lets see: Car drives do not belong on Strava (even if marked as a drive).
People are posting drives?
This is the best unpopular opinion I’ve read on here.
‘Stealth’ is marketing lingo intended to give a personality to a bland non-choice of unpainted carbon. It’s also a manufacturer’s dream, meaning they can sell a bike they haven’t had to pay to paint for the same price as the colourful ones. They can also market their bikes as light weight because they sell the model without paint.
Cycling is a thing of joy and fun, and all of these matt black identikit bikes are sold in order to make those men who are ashamed of playing with their friends, doing something child-like, feel like they’re doing something serious and cool.
I assume it’s different for different manufacturers but with lauf their black (not ‘stealth’ so still painted) is the least expensive and they up charge for the ‘cooler’ colors
I’ve Peugeot Expert Combi Van - was cheaper than a 7 seater “suv” in Ireland, but can comfortably sit 9 adults. 2nd and 3rd row removable (generally just leave the 3rd row in), so on race day/ park and cycle commutes, it’s just lift in the bike. Race days made easy, with curtains and porta potti! I made a bench seat bed, so can also overnight in it too. Footprint is smaller than previous saloon cars we had.

That’s good. I think Brompton do something similar for standard vs fancy colours. And I have space in my heart for black painted bikes.
Never thought this would be an unpopular opinion, but since we’re not allowed to challenge other posts…
Just because people don’t agree with your opinion on color choice doesn’t mean they’re ashamed and somehow lesser humans.
My old lauf was a less common bright green so I got a lot of comments on that. My new one is the plain black which I do like better than expected as color matching to cover scuffs is easy. Just need to add more colorful accent pieces to offset plain black
People who like black suffer from lack of imagination and inability to commit.
Pretty sure they hate puppies and small children as well.
Is it ok if that’s what they’re going for? Asking for a friend. ![]()
It’s ethically OK. Though ideally they live their life as a recuse with a shroud of shame hanging over them.