Weight History?

@bdl0824 @FatherDamo2 I think you are in the other threads too so I apologize if you’ve already seen this, but I recently added support for Garmin Index Scales to Smart Scale Sync.

2 Likes

It’s looking good, thankyou. Just before I subscribe, do you have plans to sync weight to Zwift, important for me as weight is used in races and in the whole simulation… Something I forget to update often enough.

I could be wrong but in theory if you sync your weight to Fitbit, then Zwift can connect to Fitbit and your weight should update following your Garmin weigh ins.

I don’t use fitbit but guess if that is a path that works then I could experiment. Would be nice to keep things direct.

1 Like

yeah makes sense. if enough people want it I’ll definitely add it. (it’s being tracked here on the zwift forum: Support for Garmin Index Smart Scale for Automatic Weight Syncing - Feature Requests - Zwift Forums)

update: @FatherDamo2 I checked myself and Garmin → Fitbit → Zwift works. When you add Fitbit to your account in Zwift, just make sure you give Zwift all the privileges it asks for. The first time I set it up I only gave Zwift access to my weight, but it didn’t work. The second time I did everything and then the weights would come through.

1 Like

We recommend only updating your FTP when you do a proper test so that you are only using valid data points to adjust your watts/kg :+1:.

Tracking weight is currently lower a priority than some other major projects, so exporting weight data is not on our radar currently. At the moment, we do not plan to export any data to Zwift.

Hi Bryce, any update on this and Garmin scale API?

Still a very low priority for us, unfortunately :pensive:. Support for smart scales and connection through Garmin Connect is still not scheduled on our roadmap.

We have other major projects and improvements that are currently demanding our Development Resources, but as we complete these projects, resources may free up to tackle lower priority projects such as smart scale integration.

4 Likes

Thanks Bryce Just a shame as your analysis tool is awesome and I’d really like to see power to weight tracked by TR and I have data from scales just not on your platform

5 Likes

I was looking for this feature - Count me in!

If you would decide to make an API with these data. I think a few of us would be able to make a few good community tools. (I know the GDPR for this is impossible, but its almost xmas so ill just wish for it )

3 Likes

Waiting patiently for this feature since before this thread started. Can’t believe no-one asked about it in 2020 yet :wink:

5 Likes

it’s late 2021, any progress here? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is it correct that you can’t track your w/kg over time in TR?

Correct, it’s still not possible at this time.

1 Like

I’ll raise this with the team again :+1: . Cheers, guys!

1 Like

For those waiting on this, Intervals.icu has a rough version of it at present

That won’t help with showing a trace of w/kg over time in TR though. :wink:

Hey everyone! Got a great update :sunglasses:

Weight History page! :scales:

In the Account tab under the Profile section, there is a new page; the weight history page is a historical record of all the weight values an athlete has inputted. You can delete old records and add new ones. This gives athletes more granular control of their weight history to have an accurate w/kg throughout their training with TR.

6 Likes

That is very awesome!

1 Like