Waiting for bikes/parts support group

Trek Checkpoint just got a refresh, and my LBS can get them by early Jan-Feb, so I doubt it will be outdated next year.

1 Like

It’s a matter of personal patience on bikes based on brands/models and your schedule of events. If you can get it quicker by supporting your LBS, by all means I would do it! I got lucky and did the same with an Epic Evo. You might have to have an alternate backup in case things fall through like another brand.

Hopefully you have a bike now for each discipline to get you through. Otherwise with the pandemic not easing off on demands but also supply chain management & shipping complicating it, we’re looking at another tough year of getting what we want, when we want.

1 Like

I decided it was. Who knows what lead times will be in 6-12-18 months?

2 Likes

Depends what budget you’re looking at, I think.
I was looking at Gravel bikes from Wiggle mid summer and they had plenty for a quick turn around but over a certain price bracket. As time has went on that price bracket might have rose though.
LBS look to be the same when Ive looked, reasonable availability but at the higher end. A few friends of mine have managed to get something fairly fast.
I also had friends who looked at the more bespoke bike manufacturers (both higher budget) and they were taking orders straight away. One friend got his straight away but the other has had to wait a bit.

1 Like

I’m one of the fools who took estimated arrival times at face value, and thought I’d have a new summer bike in time for, well, summer. Ha! Instead I have a beautiful frame and a few odd bits and bobs, just sitting around. To add insult to injury, it looks like I’ll finally be able to build her up just in time for the proper British winter, and then I’ll have the choice of keeping it dry, or riding the new pride and joy in salty grit. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Has anybody worked with or ordered from Velo Smith in the UK? I ordered a Hope front wheel from them in May and haven’t gotten a single update from them. I tried contacting them a few times and have gotten no response. Today, I contacted Hope directly and they said they have received no orders from Velo Smith. At this point I’m just hoping for a refund

1 Like

I built up a few bikes over the summer for a work project. It was quite challenging to say the least, the hardest was finding a 27.5 rear wheel. I ended up having to build some up which I did not anticipate. I used multiple online retailers, some local retailers, and had to reuse some parts from previous builds. I don’t think much is going to change any time soon. I’m eyeing my next MTB and I think I may just put my name on something that looks interesting and hope. Companies that are investing in MUSA might be onto something…

Kinda an update on my Dura Ace hoods. I ordered them last month and the only place I could find them (Ebay) gave me a delivery window of 13-Oct to 1 Nov and they’d come by Royal Mail. I got home on Saturday to an email to say they been delivered by a courier I’d never even heard of. There was no hard note or anything.
I’m hoping when they say delivered that’s from Singapore to the Peterborough Royal Mail depot and they’ve not actually been delivered to my door yet. I had a problem with a courier before when they said ‘delivered to the shed’, they actually meant their warehouse, not my flat which has no shed :exploding_head: The courier’s site is rubbish no way to ask though :-1:
I’ll give it a couple of days then if nothing shows up I’ll report it to EBay and hopefully get my money back :neutral_face:

The struggle is real. Seems to be even worse for smaller frame sizes from what I heard. More medium and large sizes bring made and sold. I ordered my roadmachine in March with a late summer ETA. As of August they were quoting April 2022 :pleading_face:. Thankfully I can ride my CX bike but it’s not as fun when your friends are riding zippy carbon road bikes and you’re on a relative clunker!

So Nukeproof just sent out their pressrelease for the 2022 bikes with a schedule for deliveries.
According to singletrackworld.com the Reactor ST is scheduled to ship in frickin October! That’s 18 months after ordering and I won’t get it until the season is basically over… :sob:

I’ve given up. My 2019 bike is just fine. I’ve been collecting wear item parts as I see them in stock…

2 Likes

Hooray….supply issues are over. At least for this shop! :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

A follow up on this is that I never got the Reactor ST. Nukeproof never delivered and would not give a straight answer on what was missing.
Thanks to the shop I now have a Reactor Factory for next season. Absolutely nuts to wait for 18 months and then not get what ordered.
The shop was super frustrated and owner said he will probably not work with Nukeproof again mostly because of the lack of communication.