Video on Strava... coming next week to everyone

Got to drink it in 30 seconds though, thus you can watch them burn their mouth and splutter coffee over the camera lens. Maybe these videos will be entertaining after all. :thinking:

Who asked for this?!

Strava is so out to lunch.

5 Likes

I mean…
No one.
But they know people and companies will use it…
its all about the viral videos and dances.

Can’t wait to post a clip of me becoming the local legend of a segment no one rides.

8 Likes

Make sure your camera is shaking and pointed straight down at the pavement.

5 Likes

I got it today when I updated the app. I don’t post a lot of photos but at times it will be cool to post a random video here and there.

1 Like

Bring on the stealth advertising via video…

2 Likes

oh god, the accuracy…the first video I saw on Strava today was a guy having his mid-ride coffee. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

No doubt that will be leveraged in a number of ways, and I am willing to bet plenty will be anything but ‘stealth:wink:

2 Likes

If I choose to take a more positive spin on this, I could see trying to apply these for “Quick Tips” about things like technical riding skills, fueling, and other training / riding related topics.

There will be people using this to promote sponsors and such as mentioned, but I see that there could be ways to make this more useful than revenue generation. I can even see things like updating on trail conditions and such for the benefit of followers.

2 Likes

So now cyclists will be selfie filming on top of riding no handed through red lights

:tada:

1 Like

As a rider who has a permanently mounted GoPro on my bike I like this new feature. I sometimes upload still photos from my GoPro and would only upload videos that are have interesting/amusing content and keep them to just a few seconds.

1 Like

Current road and trail conditions would be a great use for short videos. Like showing that a local road has been recently repaved or if it’s in bad condition with potholes and cracks.

2 Likes

FYI for you all if you go to strava.com and log into your account you are able to disable “auto-play” videos in settings, display preferences…

2 Likes

For reference:

1 Like

always have to one up me… lol… kidding of course

1 Like

:laughing:

Just trying to help my fellow “visual learners” :wink:

1 Like

Stealth? I’m going to offer 29 seconds of each 30 second video to the highest bidder! :rofl:

It’ll be interesting to see how (or if) people use this. It’ll also be interesting to see how Strava deal with (c) claims. My Rick Roll video yesterday has the full 30 seconds of audio and wasn’t pinged. Do that on YouTube and you get toasted within seconds by their (c) bots.

2 Likes

I wonder if anyone has posted a video of an inside ride yet. People already (at least some I know) hate TR/zwift stuff on strava feeds lol

1 Like

For MTB or ski it can be cool to see others skills, or some relevant thing in the route like a drop jump or or a technical section or whatever.

But instagram, FB, etc were amazing ideas too, shitty thing is the empty and egocentric use we give them.

If people start to upload meaningless empty content like pedalling or stupid faces with the tongue out while riding I’m out of this lol

2 Likes