Upload Run and Swim workouts from Garmin/Strava to TR calendar (Feature Request)

A big up-vote for swim and run activity sync.

Would be great if you could include swim analysis in there too to provide a TSS.

Pushing the workouts to our watch (like the current Garmin outdoor workout integration) would be fantastic!

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I currently do.

Would make life easier if TR created those workout files for me. Could even go the next step and have it sync to the Garmin Calendar so workouts automatically come up for each day.

1 Like

Hopefully Garmin’s Training API makes this possible… :shushing_face:

Consider this another vote for properly integrating run and swim workouts so that I can get rid of TP.

2 Likes

I just wanted to put forth more requests for uploading Garmin swim run data. I know you guys are working on it just saying.
Thx

5 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for all the hard work it’s gonna be great. I’m sticking with Trainer Road !!!

1 Like

New to TR and loving it so far. Just also mentioning that having runs and swims show up in the calendar would be really helpful. Looking forward to it when it does come about. Thanks for listening.

4 Likes

I am not sure if this is possible but it would be really nice if any runs from Strava (or Garmin) would also get uploaded into the calendar - just like the outdoor rides. That way, I don’t have to manually add them later. (Plus, I could really get rid of my TP account.)

7 Likes

I was just wondering if there was an approximate ETA on this feature yet?

It’s rapidly turning towards winter-running/turbo trainer season here in the UK and I’d love to be able to use TR as a one-stop-shop for all my data.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

1 Like

Hey @awenborn,

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for outside runs/swims at this time. Here is the most recent update from our CEO Nate Pearson:

I’m sorry I don’t have better news for you :pensive:.

2 Likes

Have you noticed the RPE feature in Strava…? Could perhaps make syncing basic run data easy…it’s a 1-10 grade same as yours.

Just started a tri plan and it’s irritating to have to manually report on the runs and swims when the cycling sync is so good. +1 from me for this feature to get bumped up the priority rankings please :slight_smile:

8 Likes

+1

• 1,000,000 :man_swimming::man_biking::man_running:

Vote +1.
It would be a big advantage for Tri-users

Hej! I just signed up to TR, started some base workout AND i am not able to sync my swims and runs with TR. Seeing this discussion back in Oct’18, this feature was on the development list. I guess, way down low priority in the backlog, as we are writing Nov’19. It is really crucial, that ALL activities are visible/synchronized. As an experienced software architect and developer an activity is activity, whether swim/bike/run/walk/sleep/whatever - it does not matter. And if it is in a backlog over a year now, it means it is NOT importand at ALL :innocent: I was really looking for a training app, that would structure my ironman workouts. It will not be TR, at least not yet.

8 Likes

+1, currently only holding onto my TrainingPeaks premium account so all my data is in one spot, but love the trainerroad programs. Don’t love that I either have to (a) manually input my trainerroad workouts into trainingpeaks as planned workouts or (b) live without my swim and run data being in my trainerroad calendar and having to manually click that the workout is done and update the actual TSS that I get on a workout. Please, pretty please, make this happen

6 Likes

Adding my plus 1 here… Can you make sure to include workouts that aren’t swims or runs as well though. As a Quadrathlete I do lots of kayak workouts as well as strength workouts such as weights, plyometrics etc.

Even if these additional disciplines on top of the swim and run workouts were only ever flagged as ‘Other’ that would be fine, but being able to add additonal sports would of course be a bonus.

Thanks.

2 Likes

This is something that is possible within the existing Calendar ecosystem :slight_smile:

When you would like to add a non-cycling workout, click on the date on the Calendar, and select “Add Other Workout.”

At that time, you can choose a name for the workout, and select workout type as “Other.”

1 Like