TrainerRoad users' bikes

@cfox2008 How are you liking your GS1 so far? I am considering ordering one… I am torn a bit between the green and blue color options. How does the green look in person? Are you happy with everything on it so far? Also when did you place your order and how long did it take to arrive?

@fpenland I love it! It’s my first gravel bike and so far it’s been a blast to ride. I think the green looks pretty close to the pics on Ventums website in real life. It’s not as dark as my pic makes it look. I have no complaints so far. When I ordered they quoted me 6 weeks but it arrived about a week and a half after I ordered it which was an awesome surprise. No idea if that’s typical or if I just got super lucky.

Awesome! I think I am going to pull the trigger, did you upgrade to the Enve wheels from Ventum or did you buy those elsewhere?

@fpenland Through Ventum

New bike day! The outside season just got longer. Scott Big Jon. 11 cm tyres!!

22 Likes

Hey @Bradley_J is that a Rotor 2inpower single piece?

What’s your long term review? I’m about to buy one, and I was wondering if could share some thoughts?

Tarmac SL6 Rim

25 Likes

Hey MadTuna! I’m about 12,000 miles into the 2inpower and it’s been great, no issues. Very accurate and predictable. The one piece chain rings are beautifully made, I have a couple of chainsets at this point, however, as a climber, I particularly like the 48-32t. Highly recommend the product.

Happy riding,

2 Likes

Cheers for the feedback.
Yes, the one piece is gorgeous and it was what attracted me first - without sounding too shallow hahah.

Good to hear that you are happy with them.

Zapping away to order some now!

Updated the whip with Supacaz Oil Slick tape and cages. Super hard to wrap. Slippery when wet and I think it looks just aweful. It’s even worse when you see it live. Just not at all what I thought it would look like. The only positive is it’s so obnoxious that I seriously think cars will notice it before they run me over :wink:

Not sure what to do? It was such a PITA to wrap I may ride it a while then go back to black or maybe a greenish color (kits have green). What do you think?

14 Likes

It’s not subtle but don’t hate it… maybe it will grow on you??

4 Likes

Yeah I’m going to ride it for a while. Maybe it wear out a little and lose some shine…

Whoah…I actually like it, lol

But you better be busting out one-handed wheelies on 7.4% grades at 437 watts to justify how speedy that thing looks.

Wow!

2 Likes

Gravel bugs taken hold of me…

Wanted something very… colourful and i think this fits the bill nicely!

26 Likes

Looks slippery but maybe that is just the look of it. I am thinking it will look very different after a few rides. My bud put some pink Rapha bar tape on and after 2 rides it was black-ish. Hilarious but he loves it anyway which is the main thing.

1 Like

I recently put on the same bar tape. I agree that it’s a bit painful to wrap, it just doesn’t stretch the same as the more rubbery finished tapes, but it’s been ok in terms of grip both on the trainer and out on the road.

I was initially hesitant on the looks based on the stock photos, but I think it came out very well. Pictures just can’t do it justice. I’ve actually had quite a few strangers compliment the looks on a recent organized ride.

1 Like

Tarmac Pro SL4, SRAM Red, with 404 Firecrests. My speedy road baby.

14 Likes

Added a new bike to the stable over the Summer. Had two goals with this one: Wanted a dedicated bike just for cross races and wanted to build it myself instead of buying a complete bike.

Was hoping to just get a frame but after months of looking gave up on that idea. Finally found a shop in Colorado that would ship me this Felt FX bike completely built. It was mostly what I wanted but I wanted to go Rival AXS on the drivetrain so I stripped and sold most of the parts that came with it. It took forever but eventually most of the parts came in and I was able to finish it a couple weeks before the first cross race of the season. Was a fun project and amazingly everything works despite being my first time doing a complete drivetrain install that included hydraulic brakes.

Notice I said most of the parts came in. I still can’t get a left shifter/brake lever and caliper. I improvised and took a Force AXS shifter off of my Diverge and put it on here temporarily. Works great but will swap it out once the other one arrives. Although looking like next year at this rate!

19 Likes

Sweet build :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

One of my favorite colors of all time. Passed on this bike for a Cervelo R3 :man_facepalming: and have been regretting it ever since. I’m on an SL7 now so not too bad but that color :drooling_face: