TrainerRoad Team on Zwift

Just requested to join on ZP

Zwift: Smileymiley22 (TR)
TR: Smileymiley22

Thanks

2 Likes

That was my concern too and why I didn’t show interest here. Have difficulty sleeping if I do a hard workout after 3 or 4pm. And when it comes to Zwift races, I’m usually completely destroyed by the end! :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Are there any more america-e cat B racers? I can do emea as well, but don’t want to leave america-e riders high and dry!

All of these times are garbage for me, shame.
I could maybe squeeze into APAC but guess we wouldn’t have the numbers?

Hey guys, I’ll be happy to participate in team stuff (high end B cat W/kg), but currently recovering from crit collarbone so it’ll be November at the earliest. I can be decently flexible on time since I’m west coast but get off work at 3PT. I’ll keep posted here and pony up when ready.

2 Likes

Thanks for joining me damo, sorry I wasn’t chatty, that lap had me contemplating existence, so bad!
Finally ticked that off the bucket list though.

3 Likes

Hey no need to apologise, know how I felt after just three ascents, never mind the number you were doing. I’m not the chattiest person online and was happy just to support you on that one climb. Can’t imagine how much the legs and body must have been arguing with your head to stop.

Anyway BIG congratulations on completing your vEverest, I might have to contemplate dong a half vEverest as my next challenge as I make my way towards a full one. Have done a straight 21 hours/407km in the saddle outdoors before so I know the body is capable, though the mind was questioning it, I just don’t go fast up hill for my weight!

Enjoy the rest, hope you have a day off tomorrow, maybe feet up all day…all the best

3 Likes

21 hours is madness in itself! Thanks man good luck

1 Like

@adamj, congrats! How long did it take? What was your average power? Can you post a link to the file (TR, Strava, etc)? Thanks!!!

https://strava.app.link/wJRrivrP89

Took just shy of 14 hours including two half hour breaks. Went off feeling great at 4am, first two ascents took 65mins at 2.9w/kg.
Power dropped off a little after that, lap 4 had me in a real dark place and some knee twinges had me worried, so I spent more time than I’d have liked in the saddle rather than standing. Average power then floated around 2.5w/kg, until lap 7 where I felt like death and it was more like 2w/kg.
I ate a lot, 4 trek bars, 4 clif bloks, big bowl of porridge, big bowl of pasta, couple of gels, protein flapjack, protein cookie, clif bar and around 7 bottles of water rotating between sis electrolytes and fruit squash. Had moments of real nausea.
Remembered a tip from an endurance athlete about a second pair of bibs inside out over the top and that helped A LOT for the seconds half.
Finished with the familiar “last set optimism” and put out 2.9/3 wkg for the Last big ascent, fuelled by a can of lager from the wife, one last push for the 500 spare metres were easy.
After all that I still managed to lose a pound in weight. Strava says I burned 7,400 cal.

I think TR had the TSS at 759!!

12 Likes

I’m nauseous just reading that, chapeau you maniac.:facepunch::muscle:

3 Likes

Those are some seriously amazing numbers @AdamJ! The fact that you stuck with it is a testament to your fortitude. Nice work!

1 Like

@bpm and anyone else interested in doing ZRL but who cannot find a team…

Since I’ve been unable to get 6 local riders, nor 6 TR users who can commit to Male/B/East, I’ve thrown in the towel and decided to use the ZRL matchmaking tool, which just seems to be a Facebook post :smiley:

Join here:

Then see the post about recruitment. It should be near the top. Riders are supposed to post if they need a team, and also, a lot of teams who want riders are posting. I decided to scope out ZSUN.

2 Likes

Awesome job!! Thanks for the info. vEveresting hasn’t made it into my bucket list, but this info helps keep it in perspective. Well done!!!

2 Likes

Hi there - I just requested to join on ZP

Zwift: Danny Bellion (TR)
TR: dannybellion

Thanks

2 Likes

Ok. I’m in. Let’s do it

Zwift Name: Martin Edwards (TR)
TrainerRoad User name: MarMar

Cheers

1 Like

I haven’t done a shout out in a while so here are some podium winners from the last week or so. Well done! #trftw

Miles Askew - TBR MounTRONeering

Tom Martin - Crit City Race

Mike Owens - SZR Lunch Race

Jonathan Waddell - Monday Run Club

Brian Wrightson - 3R Tick Tock Flat Race

Danny Bellion - ZHR Audax

11 Likes

Well done TR team! I’m doing the ZHR Audax again tomorrow if anyone wants to join. 100k :muscle:

2 Likes

Looking good for a Cat A and B team in EMEA league. Any others interested get in touch.

2 Likes

Just sent a request to join the TR Zwift team.

I’m a mid pack group B rider based in the UK. Would be great to join some races with more TR people :slight_smile:

3 Likes