TR Feature Suggestion: How motivated are you to train today?

I agree the list is toooooo long. My point is more that each label is clear what it means. The emojis for me aren’t clear what they mean. Sort of goes back to the loooooong thread of how to respond to the post-workout survey (that one to me is clear - go figure)

2 Likes

Agreed, there is a bit less ambiguity in the text vs emojis. But along the lines of the completion survey, even that TP one is potentially open to many different interpretations, even if you cut that list in half (same basic 5 options as TR’s 5 test emojis).

Different from this, but for outdoor workouts without power meters that may matter:

Class of road/gravel/MTB course (have definitions)
Wind exposure rating
Sun & Heat exposure ratings

I know, I know, I should buy power meters for the three bikes, or power meter pedals for them, but I haven’t done it yet. I’m sure quite a few others may have one bike with a power meter, and a few more bikes that don’t. It’s not something that needs to happen right away, but being better able to tell the algorithm what was going on (perhaps have an opt-in to both the suggested “how motivated” and my “outdoor ride conditions” questions?) would help with its ability to adjust.

For this thread, though, I was kind of hoping for TR-made emojis that were better than the standard smileys.

Hope I’m included as my excitement or motivation to train is one of the primary inputs I use for choosing a harder or easier alternate

3 Likes

Was surprised by this today, as I missed this discussion when it came out. Glad to see this, and I think the 5 choices are enough and fairly clear. While there may be value in more granular choices, I think that will be minimal as many days for me it would be a coin flip between 2 adjacent levels on a 10 level scale, so there would be more ‘noise’ in the selections I would make. Right now I’m not following a plan, and a major determinant of what workout or kind of workout I pick is how I feel as I am picking it.
I think collecting similar information after the workout would be good too - similar to what my Garmin watch does after workouts.

1 Like

Maybe there should be a :thinking: imoji for all the overthinkers? :rofl:

8 Likes

Maybe the post-workout survey will get changed to emojis as well. :wink:

(Please don’t, I like text well enough)

It really is clear. Clearer than the post workout even. :slight_smile:

Used it today: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I was prompted with the options before yesterday’s workout but not today’s. Same hardware and software setup

Is this something we can fill out retroactively after completing a workout (have outdoor workouts in mind)?

Just wanted to update everyone having the same experience as @trpnhntr that we had to temporarily remove the Motivation Survey.

There was an issue where athletes didn’t have the ability to turn the role off and only saw the ability to turn off Adaptive Training. Once this is fixed, they should be back on the next Beta and Prod release :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love this new feature. Can we get a long term graphic of my training vs motivation?

2 Likes

I will suggest it to the team @Andy5051 !

3 Likes

Also I’m not sure how the emoji’s will work with our community members who are vision impaired….

1 Like

If the traffic is high enough, one could do the following tests:

• 25% emoji responses
  • 25% emoji + text responses
  • 25% text responses
  • 25% untested

However, app/OS/device/browser/language development for each version may be time and cost prohibitive.

At least these emojis are language and culture agnostic.

However, I’m sure there is still language support needed for accessibility meta data.

I think there should be two emojis to show if you’ve overthought it or really overthought it, I think…

1 Like

Good question @MaudeD ! Let me find out and get back to you :slight_smile:

The problem with that scale is that it’s lacking an “average” rating. It’s sort of like their new 1-10 scale with how hard a workout felt. It seems TP just changed the scale; a 5 is hard and it goes up from there.

Not reply to you here but the thing that “annoys” me with TR and putting these new features out is they do not give you a key to understand what things mean but tell us not to overthink it. Well my rating might be totally different than someone else and would skew the data. Maybe that’s just because of my doc program I’m in and all the qual and quan classes I’ve needed to take….

But that’s the thing… the pain scale is different for everyone. A 6 for one person might be an 8 for someone else. It is qualitative but we try to make it quantitative for data purposes. I’ve never had a problem with answer how you feel… but by the long threads on the topic I know many have.

1 Like