TR App with hotel bike (aka Peloton)

Tried it for the first time yesterday. Feels very different to my normal trainer, much more aggressive spindown. Been caught out a few times by the lack of freehub too!

Right knee not overly happy today, so I think I either need to quickly find someone that can tweak my cleat position or I’m going to have to stick to much lower power / higher cadence efforts. At least on this trip.

Yeah it does that. Traveling for work and just doing the free trial again so I can ride. Thought about bringing the bike but this works in a pinch.

Sorry I’m just seeing this and I’m sure you figured it out, but just in case others come looking for the answer, there is an old school big orange resistance knob on the downtube.

1 Like

Except on some “hotel” bikes the diameter of the crank arm pedal holes is smaller than the industry norm.

It does have power but only accurate to 10%. Also, it doesn’t broadcast so it doesn’t matter I guess.

I am new to TR and been looking for a workaround as I do not have a power meter but do have access to a few Peloton bikes at work and a Peloton account linked to Strava which is linked to TR. Could you explain why the need for a head unit? Could I do the TR workouts from my cellphone and follow along in Peloton’s Just Ride? Any insight is much appreciated.

For those of you who have used a peloton while traveling with their stock pedals, did you clip in or just use toe cages? If you clipped in does the favero assioma cleat fit?

Will be giving this a try this week. I brought my shoes with SPDs. at first glance they look like SPDs, but :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

It’s SPD two bolt and the bikes are crap. Loose rocking bars, loose rocking seat also no fans so winning

1 Like