Tom Pidcock - Sa Calobra KOM

Came up on my fed…

“Being a good sport Pidcock has even uploaded his ride to Strava with full power data, showing he held 386 watts for 22 minutes to take the crown meaning, at his listed Strava weight of 58kg, an eye-watering ‘off-season’ watts per kilogram of 6.7.”

11 Likes

Good to see him having some fun

Its just rude aint it, I didn’t go down much faster :joy:

12 Likes

:eyes: That HR!

Thats about the only stat I could match :joy:

1 Like

It’s not really off season for him as he’s busy racing in the cx world series. AWESOME KOM. I love Mallorca. Was there in September just gone with my son. It was 45 Celsius (113 Fahrenheit) and WAY too hot

3 Likes

Decent…

1 Like

Imma just put out there, that a lot of people (possibly) trolls report of Pidcock having been motorpaced, and based on the weather conditions, and Wkg, he was possibly too fast.
I have no idea, but what would a great effort of human power be without a little internet BS :joy:

2 Likes

I just wanted to say thanks for all the great advice that I received here. I think it really made the difference for me bagging the KOM.

Yours sincerely
Sten (Tom)

:joy::joy:

23 Likes

Just a load of people who haven’t got an inch of his talent or training. Your average punter on a bike talking “I could have been a contender” bollocks.

2 Likes

Are you surprised about it being high or low?

When I wrote the comment I saw he did 148 BPM on that segment. But I read the wrong thing… He did 17x which is still very humanly normal for a person who is ridiculous fit…

?

183 max, 172 ave HR for 22 minutes.

Yeah…
My comment didn’t age well…
its a perfectly normal HR. He is just riding with more power than any of us will ever ride with.

1 Like

whats mad is. is that body weight like.

2 Likes

Man, I hate it when my “off season” w/kg drops to 6.7. Sheesh!

In all seriousness, kudos to Tom. Killer ride.

1 Like

A little low isn’t it, his w/kg isnt though :wink:

That’s only 3.9w/kg and not aero enough :joy:

2 Likes

xert guys modeled it https://baronbiosys.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Screen-Shot-2022-12-19-at-3.58.04-PM.png

5 Likes

Good effort, something like 6,3 w/kg FTP they reckon, although I think he could be more anaerobic then they assumed.

Nothing too outrageous for Pro standards I reckon though.

Those that question his HR really need to get a better understanding of how it works before commenting.

5 Likes