To TR: Please Devote XX% of Development Capacity to items that AREN'T AT

Well, he sure seemed unaware of tri plans present in TR in any form or fashion until we pointed to them specifically:

So I just don’t see it the same way, since he didn’t even know that they existed.

1 Like

I think the key point, at least to me, is whether or not TR is expending resources today to serve the triathlon market. I would argue the answer is no. TR is “coasting” on past investment into the needs of triathletes

1 Like

I love the fact that I cut off a 1.5 hr ride after the intervals and it’s asking me why I quit, I put in I have hockey game later. I play hockey later the same day with my heart rate hitting 190 each shift and the next days adaptations are over under intervals. Yeah that’s not gonna work. Since they’ve gone live my polar has been pegged in over reaching. But of course heart rate doesn’t matter.

Ditto. It’s not just about AT, but running activity import (non-existent), multisport activity import (treated as a long ride with the non-cycling part at zero power), lack of duathlons in the event input form and even the weekly workout descriptions… I mean how much work does it take to update them after they’ve changed up the cycling workouts in a tri plan? There simply is no desire on Trainerroad’s part to solve any of it.

Let’s not kid ourselves. I extended my $99 subscription recently, but it’s just a trainer app for me at this point. I hope it will continue to at least have the custom workout functionality. I’m not upgrading my operating system because Workout Creator doesn’t work under macOS versions above Catalina.

Workout Creator is working for me on Monterey, but it’s developed a really annoying bug where you can’t type more than one character into either the search or workout name before it shifts into emojis. The only workaround is to cut and paste the name.

1 Like