Tired of Lycra - Indoors

Anyone have alternatives to bike shorts?

What for cycling?!? :laughing: er…no TR is tough enough even with decent kit - Castelli bibs - I can then focus on the pain!

2 Likes

why? you just need something between your but and your saddle that does not make you skip or bail your workout. For some it’s thick padding, for others… whatever.

I just use regular bibs, that I also use outside, as long as they are comfortable :slight_smile:
keep an eye on wear, as you probably (should) wash your kit more with frequent short workouts instead of a few long outdoor rides, so your kit can wear out quicker when using indoor.
I prefer a bib short because it the chamois stays better in the right place, I also use a thin base layer shirt as it helps with better sweat regulation.

I really don’t see the need to search for an alternative without additional information

I wear my pyjamas on recovery rides, but that’s probably not your use case :laughing:

2 Likes

All I can picture at this point is something that looks like a jockstrap, but holds a chamois in place instead of a cup. Essentially bike shorts minus the shorts part. Think bib shoulder straps, attached directly to the chamois, and that’s it. Or maybe something like a Borat speedo, but with a pad.

Ok, I’m done now.

5 Likes

Transatlantic rowers apparently have found the most comfortable option to be rowing naked while sitting on sheepskin. Could try something similar for cycling I guess. May also come with a risk of divorce and/or the neighbours calling in the police depending on your indoor cycling arrangements…

7 Likes

So pajamas, jockstrap, or nekkid.

This says a lot about TR users :crazy_face:

It’s off season/base so I’m not looking to work hard at the moment, it’s cold in the cave of despair, and it’s a hassle getting changed as I workout twice a day. Seamless joggers is probably what I’m after.

2 Likes

I’ve done 1 hour workouts in the loose-fitted style running shorts. Don’t know if they would be a good option for longer workouts, but they do keep you pretty cool.

Also worn a bikini top in place of a sports bra because I’m useless at laundry, but that’s probably not what you’re after.

4 Likes

For anything shorter than 2.5 hours I wear regular shorts or a pair of compression shorts. I find that I don’t really need additional padding until I get to the 3ish hour mark.

Oh my word, as someone else who is useless at laundry, that’s brilliant.

sheepskin saddle, got it

1 Like

Amazon is your friend! Lol.

8 Likes

:rofl:

I now have this image… :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

lycra not working anymore? Try PVC maybe? :smirk:

Well if that image is allowed…my wife asked if I’d wet myself:

1 Like

oh my word put spoiler tags on it or something would you :rofl: :nauseated_face: :rofl:

1 Like

man it’s not the bodies, it’s the outfits :rofl:

Don’t see the body shaming in my post … it was very clearly about the outfits

If you needed any more proof that lycra is preferable on the bike…!

1 Like