Those who "ghosted" cycling

Hi @Hrvatcycle
There is a whole thread on this one:

There is a lot of useful information there.

My summary would be that i’ve had this for about 18 months now. I think it was brought on as much by stress as from cycling. I gave up riding entirely for 6 months and this maybe helped a tiny bit, but it certainly didn’t cure it. The only thing it cured was my ability to ride up hills fast :frowning: During this time i still ran lots because running didn’t cause me any problems. In general the only thing that causes me problems is sitting down.
I’ve seen a NHS PT who gave me a few ideas but was otherwise not much use.
I bought a sit-stand desk which means that i don’t have to sit down all day anymore. - this helps a lot.
I sit on a giant rubber birth ball at my desk most of the time instead of an office chair (at home only :slight_smile: ) - this helps a lot.
I stretch for 5-10 minutes every day - this helps more than anything, i think.
I really try and keep a sense of not having a tense pelvic floor. Every few seconds or minutes i think to relax my internal muscles. It’s like the opposite of a Kegel move. -This helps a bit.
I can ride on the trainer again. I try and limit it to 1 hour and try not to do consecutive days. I also try and stand every few minutes. This is manageable - never comfortable, and i couldn’t imagine being able to jump on and ride for 5 hours ever again… maybe one day.

In general it is far from cured but it is manageable. I keep an Excel on my desktop called “Pain - day to day” and i note my pain levels and anything that might be related. It’s generally about 4/10, sometimes it’s a 6.5 with the note “Stressy day” next to it.

I was speaking to a urologist the other day and he said that there is pretty much nothing he can do to cure it but also that sometimes during surgery a nerve might get hit and it can take up to 18 months to calm itself down to normal again. So it’s going to be a long journey.

Take it easy, I hope you find a way through it. It’s not fun, but it hopefully won’t be a disaster.