The WORST thing about TR

I’m with you, buddy. I can’t get into superhero shows. Sounds like you might like the Spanish series House of Paper. It’s excellent. Great story, plus Ursula Corbero.

Watched the first episode of Ozark today - first minutes I’m like “WTF was this TR forum guy on about, is this a work/family drama of some kind” - but before the end I was totally hooked. Can’t wait for my upcoming Cumberland to see E02.

Thanks, this has been recommended to me by a few people. No idea why I haven’t tried it yet - I’m anything but subtitle-averse. Added to the short list.

Ozark gets real dark real quick.

3 Likes

Man that show has gotten me through some good rides! I am sad they cancelled season 3!

@ben_borton They cancelled Ozark?

I watched a documentary about Sven Nys in Dutch, which I don’t speak, while on the trainer a few years ago. It worked, dude is my spirit animal.

The first time I watched Ozark it was because it had poppod up as a “you might like” because I had watched Arrested Development. Boy was I confused - half way through I kept thinking this comedy is pretty dark! Ha. Ended up really enjoying it, but man did my frame of mind going in have to shift quickly.

No, they cancelled the Punisher series.

It’s weird I lost interest in Ozark and never finished season 2. It fits with my type of show perfectly so I can’t explain why I lost interest. On the other hand I have never been into Superhero shows or movies so when I saw The Punisher was produced by Marvel I wasn’t interested until I heard coach Chad mention it in a podcast and now I absolutely love it. I put it up there with Breaking Bad as one of my favorites.

Just started watching Luther on Netflix. Really good, it’s a BBC show about a detective who solves serious crimes. Kind of like the British criminal minds, but maybe a little more realistic.

Also Sherlock, while I’m pitching BBC shoes, is one of my all time favorites.

And both are on Netflix’s!

1 Like