The sad implosion of Cyclingtips :( (new title to reflect the max exodus)

And now Johnny Long announces he has wuit, as well….flat out says he is quitting because of the managerial nonsense.

4 Likes

I’ve been in jobs like this. It starts to become a cascade of people that are leaving. The more that go, the more likely that others will go as well.

It’ll be interesting to see where CT is in 6 months

3 Likes

When James goes, I delete my link and forget they exist. He’s the sole reason I remain.

4 Likes

I’ve already done the first part. But I’ve searched for and re-read several of James’ reviews since then. Agreed, he’s the last of them. I hope he leaves so that I can read his work regularly again.

Edit: forgot Ronan!

1 Like

He’s got a family to support. Not an easy decision.

3 Likes

Yup…and the process is in full swing now.

James just confirmed that Kit Nocholson has also resigned.

Man, I feel for Abbey, James and Shoddy…gotta be brutal for those that still remain.

4 Likes

On the last Podcast you could tell Johnny was either looking to quit or looking to be let go as well. Didn’t sound like he was very happy. Understandably.

I still enjoy their coverage of women’s cycling. However if that’s all that is left, I will have a hard time continuing my VeloClub membership, and visiting the site.

2 Likes

I think Jose had commented earlier that her contract was up at the end of this year anyway.

1 Like

Already done. Outside doesn’t get my eyeballs.

1 Like
  • Iain Treloar.

Can we rename this topic “Cyclingtips Implosion” or something similar?

I guess the question is how much funding Caley can line up to get a 2.0 up and running with the same team.

4 Likes

I’ve been wondering this. I really hope they get something going for the 2023 season, and it being something I can contribute to.

deleted.

It’s honestly sad to watch it all die.

I’m wondering what’s going on with Wade. He asked everyone to follow his Substack, but then nothing.

I think it’s just Ronan and Shoddy Dave holding down the fort now.

Abbey left too?

I wonder if he has to sort out any non-compete clause issues? Or just kind of get a roadmap put together on how to move forward?

Really sad to see the floodgates open. They had such a great thing going

1 Like

I would be pretty surprised if he doesn’t have a non-compete….bigger question is for how long?

How does something like that work, could he be a silent partner and put a new site up under Caley’s name or something?

Not yet, but she posted on the VC slack that she feels like she’s on a sinking ship.

1 Like