The phrase "Deep Dish Wheels" is Not What You Think It Means

I keep seeing people throw around the term “deep dish wheels” when they mean deep section wheels. Dish is the alignment of the rim to the center of the axel ends of the hub. A wheel that is not dished properly will be slightly to one side of the centerline of the frame. So, if you want to move the rim one way or the other you’d tighten all the spokes on the side you want it to move towards and/or loosen all the other spokes of the other side.

6 Likes

Pet peeve of mine too.

2 Likes

Haha I think I may have heard that on the podcast :thinking: :grinning: or maybe the Pizza place down the street. Not sure but it was one or the other.

4 Likes

Sounds delicious though :yum:

5 Likes

Pizza rocks. I eat them all: frozen, thin neo, NY, St,Louis, thick traditional, deep dish, Sicilian, Flatbread, Foccacia, wood fired, and cold dry day old left overs. Ahhh nom nom nom!

1 Like

Deep dish is Chicago style!

1 Like

How could I forget Chicago! I will ride in a dirty kit, when it’s hot, no liquids until I bonk for my retribution.

Dude thought of you - I’m 4th of July hanging with a Navy F14 guy that’s flown WN out of OAK for a long time.

2 Likes

Nice! Give him my best. Navy rules! I’m not military…TWA in the 90’s, AA (911) then Evergreen, Corp, AWA, USair, now back at AA. When at Evergreen I flew too many of our soldiers back from the sandbox to Dover. He’ll get it and thank him for his service for me.

2 Likes

:+1:t3: Landing on a postage stamp ain’t easy.

2 Likes

Monty says thanks!

1 Like